a vox wah pedal or a digitech WH-4? i know the whammy isnt as good as a WH-1 but i cant find any, i play mostly Rage and Offspring and rock so which one should i get? and when i try out the whammy in the shop what should i look out for in it?
Go for the wah, they are much more versitile and will probably be more useful to you if its going to be your first pedal.
Wah.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Thanks, im gonna get a vox wah when i played the crybaby in shop it was good but i wasnt that expressed but when i tried the vox as soon as i got home my heart was yearning for it!!
Well if your playing RAtM a lot, get the whammy. More expensive but dose a lot of more. Has some weird sounding effects as well as some really god ones.
my birthday is soon so i may get some extra money but does the WH-4 really sound that bad when compared to the WH-1?
Try them out, see which one you like better, and see which one you'd use most.

I'd use a wah a lot more than a whammy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
No guitarist should be at all without a Wah Pedal, They can make ****ty solos sound truly awesome.

I have a CryBaby With the Fasel inductor - Awesome.

Vox V847 - Truly astounding.

Get the wah, Please, Whammy is very limiting, I have a multi FX with whammy on it, Yeah its fun but its not widely used.
Last edited by Matticuss22 at Jul 17, 2006,
if its your first pedal buy a distortion than build up
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy