Alright, here's the deal...
I'm thinking of getting new pickups, and I've done some research, but haven't come out with any definitive results. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a nice combo for genres like prog, metal, rock, but still has a nice clean. Any suggestions welcome, thanks alot for your help.
do u want singles or humbuckers?? What type of guitar do you have?
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
If it's a humbucker you're after, get a Seymour Duncan sh jb-4. It's a High output humbucker, good all rounder, and i'm told it's the biggest selling pickup in the world.

I've got one in the bridge position in my les paul and it's gooood. i'm told neck pickups are much of a muchness, and not terribly important to change.
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
ahh
sorry dude. C
ant help u there
Any DiMarzios on the market to suit my need? I need a neck and bridge pickup though. Does it suit both?
I dunno, but for prog and metal, of course everyone uses EMG 81/85 combo (81 bridge, 85 neck)... I personally don't have them, but I hear that EMG makes very good active pickups... Sorry, you'll just have to wait till the experts get on
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
Lol, that's my current setup. I don't mind it, but I just want to try something that would hit me onto a more... Dream Theater kind of tone, or something along those lines.

... yes I know he uses Mesa, but I don't have $10,000 to blow.
Have you tried to look on the DT website and see what pickups they use?

Edit: lol oops
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
with the emg's kirk hammet uses (bridge/neck) 81/81. zack wylde uses 81/85 and james hetfield uses 81/60... or so i'm told at least
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
Er... MrAngryEyes, Metallica and BLS are pretty far from prog, lol. I just need a good distortion where I can hear the notes, as well as a decent clean. Like I said, I'm aiming for that Dream Theater tone.
John Petrucci uses DiMarzio D-Sonics in the neck position. Since you like DT you might want to take that into consideration.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!