I am getting a new guitar soon and im wondering which would be better for playing AC/DC, Van Halen, Stones, Black Sabbath, and The Who music. And if your answer is Ibanez, tell me which model would be the best.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
seems the Les Paul's ure best bet....most of the bands u listed are classic rock and the Les Paul would be great for classic rock
Well Epiphone Les Paul standards are good, Epiphone SGs are also good, I don't know about ibanez, I love there guitars but know nothing about the models,
well i dont want the epi sg because it looks so fake compared to the gibson
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
I own a Standard LP and it is very nice. I love it for classic rock and rhythm, you may find that it becomes a problem in metal though. My band plays Master of Puppets as a warmup and it is more challenging to hit the 22's in that song on an LP. If you play more Metal, get an Ibanez. If you play more Rock, get an LP. I play both so I'm getting a Jackson Dinky in a few days to round it out

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
I'd go with the les paul going by your taste in music.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

im not one for epiphones, i hate their feel and tone (to me they sound nothing like a realy gibson), but i think it would definatly suit your needs. ibanez is also good, there more fit for metal. but there both worth looking into. go out and play some see which ones you like
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
ibanez, rg 1570, with pickup swap to maximise the vareity of tones you can get. You need a locking trem (VH), humbuckers (AC/DC, VH, the who, BS) and single coils (stones- technically you'd need telecaster style singles, but you aren't going to get that all on the one guitar, lol).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would go with the Epi Les Paul, you seem to like alot of classic rock and the Les Paul is the heart and soul of classic rock but if you want some nu-metal go with the Ibanez but do remember there are many modern metal bands that still use the Les Paul...
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
k thanks
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
bear in mind though that an epi les paul (apart from a few specific models) isn't even made of the right kind of wood...

and also, you need a trem for EVH...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?