Hey, I'm looking for a set-neck guitar with a string-thru body. I have a budget of $1000 CAD, which is $883.20 US. I've tried out the Yamaha RGX and AES Series. And they play pretty good, but they're cheap, so I'm scared it'll breakdown on me. I also tried the Ibanez SZ Series, but to me, the neck feels really fat. Does any one have any recommendations? I play some metal, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Punk Rock and Jazz.

Thanks in Advance
I have the RGX320FZ and it is wonderful. It will not break down. I've had mine for 2 years.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Schecter C-1 whichever model
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
its a good guitar..the neck is thicker than most..think gibson....the stock pups are a great set..i just dont like them

everythin on that guitar is good...

i have it..for that price you can through in some pups and be set
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Last edited by numbfinger at Jul 17, 2006,
I've tried the schecter blackjack, if you didn't like the SZ neck, you most likely wont like the shecters neck, they are about the same size, but the schecter has a glossy neck finish which may feel tacky in your hands. But try it out.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Well i have the SZ and tried the C-1's THe neck profile is more narrow, and fat-ish. But does feel smaller than the SZ.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by bean-o
I've tried the schecter blackjack, if you didn't like the SZ neck, you most likely wont like the shecters neck, they are about the same size, but the schecter has a glossy neck finish which may feel tacky in your hands. But try it out.

the neck is still a a pretty fast neck..its weird....when you sweat it gets super fast..and you can get the action pretty damn low....
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
You could try a LTD Viper-400, it isn't string thru though... Unless you get the 500, but that one has an 81/85 combo which isn't the best for what you need, IMO.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
I didn't suggest the MHNT-400 because of the EMGs, and the EC-1000 because I thought it was out of your price range...
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.