I use D'Addario Light strings on my acoustic guitar and they tend to rust within about a week to 2 weeks and it is actually quite annoying. Is this natural or what is causing this?
you sweat alot probably
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Could be the environment you're storing your guitar in. Try storing the guitar in a case, or maybe even gettin a dehumidifier.
Bowing down to disillusion, hats off and applause to Rogues and evolution - Incubus - Rogues
Playing alot reduces rust if you are only picking your guitar up once a week this could happen. Also try using elixir nanoweb strings they are the new elixir strings and they have a nanoweb coat on them to reduce rust and friction on the strings. and they sound pretty good too.
I love elixir strings, I also use them and the tone lasts much longer than regular strings. They sound sweet, and although pricey are very much worth it in my opinion.
Bowing down to disillusion, hats off and applause to Rogues and evolution - Incubus - Rogues
eh personally to me elixers sound plastic, i like dean markley alchemies, they are very nice strings (again, personal preference). regardless of what type of strings you are using, try getting a thing of Fast Fret (look it up on musicians friend) to wipe your strings with, it makes them last much longer without rust and helps to preserve their tonal quality as well. hope this helped
gear:
epiphone g-400
ibanez jk1
fender MIM strat, superstrat switching and hot rails in the bridge

takamine eg 530 sc

peavey 100 vk head w/matching 4x12 cab
planet waves pedal tuner
boss ds-1
morley tremonti power wah
buy different strings if they're rusting, DUH!
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
It has nothing to do with brand of string.

It's now summer and there is a lot of humidity in the air. Once I came home from camp and my guitar was just sitting on the stand and the strings were rusty as hell.

You need to keep it in a case or at least place it face down on some sort of blanket or a bed or something.
Quote by sonixon
It has nothing to do with brand of string.

It's now summer and there is a lot of humidity in the air. Once I came home from camp and my guitar was just sitting on the stand and the strings were rusty as hell.

You need to keep it in a case or at least place it face down on some sort of blanket or a bed or something.

+1

I would keep it in a case.