I need to get a new amp that is loud enough for a band. We have a show coming up and there is no way my current amp will cut it. We play a lot of 70's and 80's rock such as AC/DC, Sabbath, and Judas Priest. I have a little over $500 to spend and was looking for suggestions. Thanks.
A JCM900 Dual Reverb off eBay.

Or a JCM800 off eBay.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Get a used amp, from a trusted dealer... it's a lot less expencive and you get usually pretty good stuff. My Randall RH200 (not G2, the original) is great, and i only paid 200 for it. Bu for you i'd sugest a Marshall Head and maybe a Behringer cab. The Cabs run around 275 and yoiu can pick up a marshall solid state 100 watt for around 200... so that's my thoughts
^Why thankyou.
And you...er.... have a nice fac.....er... personality.

Edit:No^^^ No Marshall solid states, that's like spending his money on a supermodel engineer, nice looking, but useless.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
^Why thankyou.
And you...er.... have a nice fac.....er... personality.

Thank you
You always have good suggestions and you're so pretty
Quote by SEALSniper1152
Get a used amp, from a trusted dealer... it's a lot less expencive and you get usually pretty good stuff. My Randall RH200 (not G2, the original) is great, and i only paid 200 for it. Bu for you i'd sugest a Marshall Head and maybe a Behringer cab. The Cabs run around 275 and yoiu can pick up a marshall solid state 100 watt for around 200... so that's my thoughts

Didn't see this.
Don't get a Marshall solid state.
If you aren't lucky enough to score one of those Marshall's off ebay, then maybe you should check out a Traynor YCV50 Blue. They're 50 watts, all-tube (combos). It sounds very similar to a higher end Marshall. They go for about $750 new, so you should be able to get one off ebay within your price range.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
^Good suggestion if he can't get Marshalls, hell... even if he can, look into them.
Don't be afraid to care"