So here's the deal, I made another thread, but it wasn't that popular because of the title.. stupid me.

Anyway, I want a pickup that delivers clear, defined distortion. I like Modern Rock, and Punk Rock. Think Lit for Punk Rock, Bush for Modern Rock.

I was looking into the SD SH-6 Distortion. I only have enough money to upgrade my bridge pup for now, but when I get the rest of the money, I'll be grabbing either an SH-2 or SH-1 59 to go with it. I hear that combination is pretty good for rocky distortion. Anyone have any opinions, or suggestions?
a JB or Sh-6
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
^Yeah, I remember reading somwhere that he does.. What would you recommend for a neck pickup to match that?
tom delonge used to use invader in his strat wich i have. the invader is alittle bit cooler then the dirty fingers but still is a rocker
^ the invader is a piece of sh1t. Seriously, I'd rather have a fridge magnet in my guitar than one of those.

Where are you in the world, sg? USA?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Yeah. I told you my situation with the MF credit in the other thread, I just figured it'd be best to repost it with a title that would attract members who have considerable knowledge about pickups.

I'm still playing through a roland cube, and I plan to upgrade to a tube combo when I get the cash... but the muddy pickups in my SG are just killing me. :/
ah, ok, lol, sorry about that.

I'd look into the duncan distortion, custom 5, and jb, and the dimarzio tone zone, norton, and super distortion. I've only tried the TZ and JB out of those.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by sg-rocker173
^Yeah, I remember reading somwhere that he does.. What would you recommend for a neck pickup to match that?

Dirty fingers can be put anywhere. Neck or Bridge.
dimarzios are great too.
heres some to look at.
steves special (cuts mids, boosts bass..sounds good for metal).
evolution (basically a hot rodded les paul type sound. its cool for punk and stuff.)
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah, ok, lol, sorry about that.

I'd look into the duncan distortion, custom 5, and jb, and the dimarzio tone zone, norton, and super distortion. I've only tried the TZ and JB out of those.

How'd you like the JB?
Quote by gibsonbrothers
What do you mean?

i meant which country was he in. It affects prices and availability.

Quote by sg-rocker173
How'd you like the JB?

Not well.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by xsynysterx06
dimarzios are great too.
heres some to look at.
steves special (cuts mids, boosts bass..sounds good for metal).
evolution (basically a hot rodded les paul type sound. its cool for punk and stuff.)

The evolution is a shred pickup.
^ Not entirely. It's just a very clear pickup, mainly for people who want extreme clarity in their sounds. I can't see it being used effectively for punk really.