i wanna get a randall all-tube amp im think the 50watt all-tube head (everywhere i look thats what its called) but i want tubes with heavy bass and lots of treble but no so much mids and ive been searching on websites and can't find 1 there all say "great mid-range, and heavy bottom end" any suggestions?
The amp will contribute more to EQ, different type of valves are for the breakup and warmness/brightness/darkness of the sound.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
El-34 type amps are usually more on the bright side than 6L6 based amps
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Last edited by Funky P at Jul 17, 2006,
kool thats what the randall comes stock with, any brands that are brighter, longer lasting, or anything, thanx ,and maybe amp suggestions im looking for a high-gain amp i play punk thrash thanx.
The DSL50, with the deep switch engaged gives a lot of extra bass, its a bright amp. And with the 1960a cab with g12t-75 speakers will have a very scooped mids sound.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by IbanezxXx
i wanna get a randall all-tube amp im think the 50watt all-tube head (everywhere i look thats what its called) but i want tubes with heavy bass and lots of treble but no so much mids and ive been searching on websites and can't find 1 there all say "great mid-range, and heavy bottom end" any suggestions?

6L6's are known for their bass and treble. Check out some JJ 6L6GC's
^ aye, sounds like he wants 6L6's to me...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
awsome i know randall makes amps with 6L6's and are known for their high-gain so i guess ill get a Randall