I'm looking for a pedal that i could use to make my solo's stand out a bit more, give them more "oomph".
I play mostly metal, and use a Ibanez GRG170DX, Marshall MG50DFX (i know....), Boss MT-2 and a Dunlop Classic Crybaby.
Any suggestions?
My rig:
Ibanez GRG170DX with Swineshead Warthog and Venom
Ibanez TCY10
Vintage V99CS
Boss MT-2
Boss OD-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Zoom 606
Randall RG50TC
Marshall MG50DFX
an overdrive pedal or a volume pedal....maybe a wah with its own distortion and volume
EDIT: ph yeah, i forgot, an EQ pedal.....turn the volume and treble and bass up, mids down=kickass boost
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Behringer PB100, it's awesome and like, £15.........it really is good.
Phil
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
Um.. you could use a EQ pedal (MXR 10) or a clean boost/overdrive pedal like a maxon od-9 (like a ibanez tube screamer but cheaper and true bypass), a boss sd-1. Ive heard the zack wyld (sp?) overdrive is good. You cant really overdrive a solid sate amp so a clean boost would rely just make it louder If you want to cut through more you need to add mids and a little volume/gain. If you just want volume the clean boost or a volume pedal would work fine.

Edit: guys, he said he had a crybaby.
Quote by danzig-_-
an overdrive pedal or a volume pedal....maybe a wah with its own distortion and volume
EDIT: ph yeah, i forgot, an EQ pedal.....turn the volume and treble and bass up, mids down=kickass boost

WTF?

Do give solos a kick up the backside and to make them stand out in the mix more boost the mids, don't back off them. What you're suggesting would give a prefered rhythm tone for a metal guitarist.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
sam is 100% correct. scooping the mids is like running the 40 yard dash while pulling a bus, or filling in for Kirk Hammett and playing a mg! It just isn't done!
first of all that rig would not see any improvements with more pedals

Bad guitar + bad amp + bad pedal + mediocre pedal = dont expect much.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?