Poll: Better solo?
Poll Options
View poll results: Better solo?
preludetowar
15 33%
gtgram14
30 67%
Voters: 45.
prelude is kinda predictable, gram is really melodic and moving.
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
I felt that both tracks were good, but overall the quality of prelude's track really made it hard to give an unbiased decision.

I went with Gtgram simply because I felt it sounded more melodic.

Then again, if the quality of Prelude's track was better I might change my mind :\
Quote by preludetowar
hahah well i lost

Dude, don't feel bad, because your soloing is really ****ing good. I also think that the quality of the track may be hurting as well...
I enjoyed both a LOT. I had to go with gt, though. And yeah, the sound quality does detract from the experience a bit. But you're both very talented.
Hi, I'm Peter
Keep in mind, preludetowar is a 16 year old, and has only been playing a couple years. I think he'd stand a much better chance with some quality recording equipment.

Anyways, both of you did an excellent job.
Age and time playing isn't really significant compared to time and quality of practice. Remember, practice doesn't make perfect..."perfect practice makes perfect."
Quote by gtgram14
Age and time playing isn't really significant compared to time and quality of practice. Remember, practice doesn't make perfect..."perfect practice makes perfect."

good point and anyways your track is pretty amazng
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

I had to go with preludes, I felt if he had better equipment it would have been a shure fire winner. gtgram14's wasnt bad by any means, I just liked preludetowar's better
Quote by SilentDeftone
Of course it's real, just like everything else you see on TV.

Quote by HorridxHopes
By far the most mathematical post ever on UG.

I am quite the mathmatician...not..

Me playing guitar...or is it?!?!?!
Quote by preludetowar
good point and anyways your track is pretty amazng

Thanks dude, your's is too, you have some sick licks in there....that I really want to steal
aarrgh! my internet is sucking at the moment(took about 15 minutes to get to this page) i'll crit you guys when it stops being so freaking slow
I voted for gtgram.

They were both great tracks though. gtgram's I thought had much more feeling
prelude - like some people have pointed out already, the quality was horrible but i realize that sometimes that stuff is out of your control if you don't have or can't afford good equipment.. i couldn't hear some of your stuff but what i could grasp was very well executed. it sounded like you may have a more technical grasp on your instrument, you beat gtgram on speed. i think what held you back was the repetitive nature of your riffs (i have the same problem).

gtgram - holy crap dude, nice track.. i like the layered guitars in the beginning that was a very nice touch.. the repetition of a theme was also well done.. all in all i think yours had more soul behind it and that is the point of making music and why people connect with music. you get my vote b/c of your phrasing and more emotionally charged track.

i'm serious when i say they were both excellent however, really good job dudes.
Quote by gtgram14

RUDY
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
preludetowar I liked some of the licks that I actually managed to hear clearly. Unfortunately due to the bad recording quality, it's sometimes really hard to hear what's going on. That being said, you've got some nice stuff going on. Allthough, your phrasing is quite horrid. I didn't hear a direction in your soloing and you didn't end your phrases well.

gtgram14 I liked your licks a lot more. You had some very good ideas. I liked how you repeated that one lick. You need to work on your phrasing as well. Use some more rests between the phrases, and the let the track breath. The fast licks sounded mediocre, nothing special but fairly clean.

To be honest with you guys, I don't think these tracks qualify as shred songs. The only fast licks you did, were basically tremolo picking/tapping simple patterns, that sounded out of place. You both need to keep working on your technique, not to mention phrasing. Good attempt though. Keep it up!
gtgram14 yours was more meodic and the quality was alot better but i think the fast bits were too sloppy/unoriginal

Preludetowar your quality was terrible bro but from what i could hear you have really nice licks and more speed that gtgram14(and this is shred so that counts for alot) so i voted for you
You got my two rubber bands?
ha my recording equipment is this 12 by 8 cm camera, just a little thing. horrible sound quality on that..... o well maybe ill enter again when i can get better recording equipment or somthing
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Quote by preludetowar
ha my recording equipment is this 12 by 8 cm camera, just a little thing. horrible sound quality on that..... o well maybe ill enter again when i can get better recording equipment or somthing

do that man, you've got serious skills!
gtgram's was a tad more melodic, I agree. Also the recording quality of prelude's might've swayed my decision, but I enjoyed both, so congrats to both of you
Quality of prelude was dreadful, and quite monotonous playing.....cool nonetheless but still, Gt dude beats ya in my opinion.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
My vote goes to gtgram. His music reminds me of the Smashing Pumpkins.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power