As of lately, ive been playing in Drop A alot, and my XXX cab cant really handle it.

I need something with more bass, alot more bass.

Would a mesa oversized cab work?

How about a genz benz gflex (probably have to be the 2x12, the 4x12 are spendy!!)

Or would a simple speaker change fix mine?

Maybe a bass speaker or two?

Ive also seen ads for subs to add to your amp, they are in their own boxes, but i havnt been able to find them online, anyone know where/what they are?
I dont think many amps can handle Drop A dude, Drop B's not good enough for you?
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Well the thing is, guitar amps and cabs were meant to be played with guitars and not basses.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
I dont think many amps can handle Drop A dude, Drop B's not good enough for you?

Sure they can...

Anyways,

First of all, you don't want to put friggen bass speakers into a guitar cab... hahaha.

Your problem is mainly due to the fact that the speakers in the XXX cab are shlt, but the construction of it plays a big role as well.

What would I recommend? A Vader 4x12. The cab of choice for a lot of low tuned death metal bands and you can be sure it will handle it, and handle it well. they also have free shipping until July 31st. Of course a Mesa or Genz Benz cab would also work, but with oversized and ported cabs, you would have to very careful not to have too much bass, or your sound could easily turn to mud.
I know a band that used Basson cabs with Peavey XXX heads and they tuned to drop Bb. It sounded good to me. I don't know if you really want to do that though.
Quote by electrik
Sure they can...

Anyways,

First of all, you don't want to put friggen bass speakers into a guitar cab... hahaha.

Your problem is mainly due to the fact that the speakers in the XXX cab are shlt, but the construction of it plays a big role as well.

What would I recommend? A Vader 4x12. The cab of choice for a lot of low tuned death metal bands and you can be sure it will handle it, and handle it well. they also have free shipping until July 31st. Of course a Mesa or Genz Benz cab would also work, but with oversized and ported cabs, you would have to very careful not to have too much bass, or your sound could easily turn to mud.

Those are a little pricey, any thing else that comes to mind?