i play indie rock and i found a crate today at GC taht i like alot.

it has 3 channels (clean, rhythm, and lead)

it gave the tele i was using an awesome hardcore sound but when i turned the gain down i could get a great indie distorted sound.

anyone think this would be a bad buy?
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
what crate?
and goodness gracious man this is your third thread about what amp/cab/whatever to get.
What kind of crate was it? I hear most crates are bad, I've played a BV stack, didn't like it that much. Sounded kinda muffled... And I've played some of the lower end SS crates, didn't like them either. There's better out there..

Although, I hear there's a few good crate tube amps floating around. :P
Yeah, we need to know what kind
There are some great tube Crates going around.
The V32's and palaminos anre supposed to be good if that's what you played
Gear
Fender Standard Tele
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ emg 81 (18v)
Line 6 Vetta
FBV Longboard
Your probably talking about the GT series. They are okay if you're on a budget. But if you played it and liked it then by all means get it.
Quote by dr.doctor
what crate?
and goodness gracious man this is your third thread about what amp/cab/whatever to get.

lol, amps are a big investment.

i was going to look that the AC30 and they didnt have one so i just plugged a tele into this crate that was sitting there.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
i don't know. based on all those suggestions leading to the ac30, and all the reviews,i'd just buy it on musiciansfriend. seems cheaper there and you get bonus credit.
besides, brian may uses it. can't go wrong with that.
Oh your God, what Crate is it....

Go to another shop and try an AC30, even if it's far away, do it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
dude?! You first wanted a ac30 ... and now you want a crate? The difference in quality is huge!
ya man, this proves that you are clinically insane. Amps are a big investment...yes they are, so if the store doesnt carry a vox, go find one that does! if you like the crate sound, go for it, but now knowing that you were aiming for a vox ac30 tone, then i can definitly tell you that any crate, no matter what model does that tone. The vox ac30 is classicaly known for its distinct crunch and clean, no other amp can replicate it, especially Crate amps (they are mainly geared towards modern tones with possibilities of dirty blues, v50 etc) Do youreself a favor, and track down the AC30! then youll understand the difference between a crate and a vox.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville