I was thinking of getting this guitar but I really wanted some other opions on it. So, please share your thoughts.
i'd just get a standard personally, or maybe that mirrorish one. the new double cuts are nice too.
Yeah I don't understand how you could spend that much money on a guitar thats actually made to be abused on the road. Just buy any damn cheap Mahogany guitar with humbuckers and there you go.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
What would someone recomend for less feed back cuz I get alot from my fender fat strat, and I would like something that has much less feedback.
whats the diff with a goldtop and a standard
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Marshall DFX 30 mg series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

member of the 'i cant spell yngwhey mhalmstreem club'

PM me to join
i tihnk its the best product gibson has come out with in years

except it could have better pickups

oh well

i think its a good buy
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

gibson has had a double cut for years, just in the past it didn't have a carved top. i dont think prs will sue them, prs makes some damn nice guitars though, even if they cost so much.
i think the GT just has different cosmetics and is built to be more durable than other LPs.. id just go with a standard, unless you plan to be on the road or somewhere where your guitar is gonna get abused

ok im not 100% positive on this, so someone correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure the Goldtop was actually the first LP model in production in the 50s, up until the standard was created. a true goldtop is either going to be 50s vintage or a custom shop reissue.. LP Standards do come in goldtop finish, but its not the same as the original goldtop.. its a sweet lookin finish tho, id get a standard in goldtop, unless ud rather drop $3000+ for a reissue or $60,000 for a vintage 50s goldtop haha
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
hmm i was considering a gt too, anyways the only thing i can think of that would kinda suck is the neck, which is a standard 50s style neck, so it supposedly tick, but if you like the flames i think it woul dbe an awseome buy, if you get it post pics and a review
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
i think the GT just has different cosmetics and is built to be more durable than other LPs.. id just go with a standard, unless you plan to be on the road or somewhere where your guitar is gonna get abused

ok im not 100% positive on this, so someone correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure the Goldtop was actually the first LP model in production in the 50s, up until the standard was created. a true goldtop is either going to be 50s vintage or a custom shop reissue.. LP Standards do come in goldtop finish, but its not the same as the original goldtop.. its a sweet lookin finish tho, id get a standard in goldtop, unless ud rather drop $3000+ for a reissue or $60,000 for a vintage 50s goldtop haha

Exactly. The original Goldtops had P-90s. In 1957 they switched to Humbuckers, and in 1958 they made the Standard, and ceased production on the Goldtop. They ceased production on the standard in 1960.
Quote by freedumb
gibson has had a double cut for years, just in the past it didn't have a carved top. i dont think prs will sue them, prs makes some damn nice guitars though, even if they cost so much.

PRS got sued by Gibson because their design was too close to he double cut Paul.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
jeez, thats like the only good pic of the black one, wish they had as many as the red one, but damn that things sweet, cept the neck (supposedly thick, but how thck is a 50's neck), and arw the pickups anygood for alotta styles?
Quote by Midnight_spooks
jeez, thats like the only good pic of the black one, wish they had as many as the red one, but damn that things sweet, cept the neck (supposedly thick, but how thck is a 50's neck), and arw the pickups anygood for alotta styles?

the chunky necks really arent that bad, unless u have really small hands.. i have the chunky neck on my '57 lp reissue and its fine. its weird tho, switching between a fender and gibson kuz the fender neck is so much skinnier

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.