here's an idea... use the search feature. it's in the top, right quarter of the the page. there are numerous threads like this. you should be able to find more than enough to keep you busy
Check out MTV's Unplugged series on CD. They've got bands like Kiss, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Neil Young, Lenny Kravitz...and they do their hits on acoustics (or acoustic electrics). A lot of the songs have different orchestrations, but they're pretty cool. I think you can find music books for the series as well.
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
Paul Weller (Wild Wood, That's Entertainment), David Gray (Babylon, Sail Away), Del Amitri (Dirving With The Brakes On, Nothing Ever Happens)... there are plenty of artists out there who use acoustic guitar in their rock ballads.
Love is not a victory march.
Ben Harper - Please Me Like You Want To (It isn't dirty-- get your mind outta the gutter )

House Of The Rising Sun sounds really cool on an acoustic, imo.
Listen to the music by The doobie brothers is awesome as well.
let's not forget about Yesterday by The Beatles
Also, Hotel California by The Eagles is awesome on an acoustic as well.
Don't Let me down!
mellissa the rythem part
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
Try the above and The General by Dispatch.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Beatle> My dad knows that! I bet I could get him to show me. It's a great song =D I've been playing Last Kiss for years. It was the first song I ever learned and I love it =D Same with Green Day Good Riddance.

Spaminator> Never heard of it?

Skateguitar> That could so work. Thanks!
About a Girl by Nirvana is really good on acoustic guitar. It's actually better than the alternative, IMO.