Ok, so a lot of places say that boiling strings in water is a real bad idea, and that "denatured alchohol" is the best way to clean them... What is this stuff? Is it the same as white spirit (I don't know if that's a UK thing or whether it's something completely different). I've also read that some people who boil their strings recommend baking them at max temperature in an oven for half an hour afterwards to get all the water out of the cores... Any truth behind this?

I need to do something to my strings, and I need to do it tonight before I go to bed! Please help
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Ok, I can't purchase any strings for at least another couple of days and I need them sounding spanky for tomorrow... Hence the thread
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Fuck it, I'll boil the bastards. I challenge them to hold any water inside of them in this bloody heat
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by rockyoursockson
spend 10 dollars or 13.40 euros and get new strings problem solved

uhm i hate guitarist in the bass forum...
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
I boil mine and havent had any problems, but you gotta hang them up somewhere to dry out for like 12 hours.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
what i do is i bring the water to a boil, add a little vinegar, coil the strings boil for 15 minutes dump them out and DRY THEM WITH A TOWEL, then put them on while they are still warm/hot
Quote by rockyoursockson
I play bass too, seriously the strings I like are only 15 bucks

!!!!!! oh. had me goin there.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia