ok.. i kno im a tool.. but ive recently snapped a string on my thunderbird...boiling ur strings reali isnt gud for them.. but the thing is i havent replaced the strings on there before. and i want a realy sweet set of strings to put back on there. preferably with the red nylon wrapped round the ends like it originally had. can anybody recommend any?
please... n e one? just need to know what strings suit an epiphone thunderbird best
There isn't one type of string for a particular instrument. You just need to try different types and see which one sounds best for you. Myself I'm partial to DR strings, but for bass Dean Markley makes a set called Will Lee something or rather. I forget the exact name but you can get them on Musicians Friend. I really like those, they only come in a 5-string set but when I had a 4-string I just tossed the B. Try out different kinds and see what suits your style best. and NEVER boil your strings, that will actually weaken them. Good luck
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
the flea boomers are overrate, just get teh regular Ghs bass boomers, there good strings
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.