In in the process of lookinf around for a new guitar at the moment, and floyd roses (more so their ability to pull/push both flat and sharp). But after taking a look at some Ibanez guitars, I discovered the edgepro. So, could someone please explain to me, what the difference is between the edgrepro and the floyd rose. I've pl;ayed both of them and they feel the same, but I've heard alot of rumors like on floyd roses you have to cut the end of the string off and if you cahange the strings wrong, it breaks, where as on and edge pro you don't.

Thanks alot for your help

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Is there a bridge that can push and pul both flat and sharp that you don't have to cut the balls off the strings, or someway around it?

you wrap the ball ends around the headstock tuner.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by rhymeswith suck
Is there a bridge that can push and pul both flat and sharp that you don't have to cut the balls off the strings, or someway around it?

I think one of the newer Ibanez ones lets you leave the ball ends one (Edge III? can't remember) but there have been mixed experiences with.

And those Speedloader Floyd Roses but with those you're limited to 1 or 2 companies to get your strings from :/

its really not that much of a hassle, people have been playing with Floyd Roses like that for over 20 years and the design still working fine providing the bridge is well built
Your probably right, I'va also heard things like: everytime someone goes to try to change the strings, the whole floyd rose falls apart, and you have to pay to get it repaired. Is that true?

Quote by rhymeswith suck
Your probably right, I'va also heard things like: everytime someone goes to try to change the strings, the whole floyd rose falls apart, and you have to pay to get it repaired. Is that true?

If you know what you're doing: nope

just watch these videos to get an idea of working with the thing (track down the order of them)
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=+EASTON+GUITARS+FLOYD+ROSE+SETUP
Quote by rhymeswith suck

i had one and didnt know what i was doing...and i was able to switch strings w/o a problem

its not as hard as everyone says on here
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Actually you don't have to cut the ball ends on the Edge Pro.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I've owned a number of guitars with both Original Floyd's and various versions of the Edge trems and I think the Edge trems are better. I hate cheap Floyd knockoffs, Original Floyd's are good and Edge trems are the best ever made IMO. I have a couple of Ibanez Jems with Edge's (I forget exactly which version) and they're killer, almost impossible to put out of tune when set up correctly. I believe the Edgepro doesn't need to have the ball ends cut off the strings but the earlier versions of the Edge do, although it certainly isn't a big deal to clip them off.

Here's some info about how they work:

http://www.jemsite.com/jem/trems.htm

http://www.jemsite.com/news/edge2003/index.htm