I have a Epiphone Special 2. And well now that I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom I want to fix up the Special 2. I want some opinions and ideas for this project thanks.
bigsby bridge they look so cool on les pauls
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Most Epis can be made a lot better by changing the pickups and other electronics, the tuners and the bridge. How in-depth do you want to mod it? If you're keen, then maybe do a refinish with some cool paintjob
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Go crazy and drop a Floyd or Kahler into it. Or Zappa it by installing phase/series-parallel switching. You can dowel the headstock and re-cut it to switch it to a strait-string pull design (think PRS in this instance). You can do a lot with this guitar...just depends on how deep you're willing to go. If you wanted to go off the deep end, you can do something like Ed Roman and re-top the guitar with quilt maple.
seriously drop a floyd rose into wont be well worth it since i dont think the body will be able to handle it. kahler yeh sure why not just the prices maybe
^ If it's a les paul, then surely it's more than thick enough to have a recessed floyd rose in it? Although as you, it'd be far easier to put a kahler in it
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Quote by robmarsden01
^ If it's a les paul, then surely it's more than thick enough to have a recessed floyd rose in it? Although as you, it'd be far easier to put a kahler in it

but then again lowest epiphone currently available do you think the body would be able to withstand also the trem cavity route is going to take its toll and if the ts routes too far into the trem cavity they may go exactly through the pickup cavity
get a set of calipers or just a measuring tape and measure the depth of the pickup cavities...then you'll be able to see if you can route a spring cavity in the back. The cavity doesn't really need to be that deep, the springs can be flush with the body. The tremolo recess and cavity shouldn't be an issue with this body. If Ibanez can put a floyd on the s series, then the les paul should be no problem at all.
change the pickups and tuners, rewire the whole thing, put a nice badass tailpiece and bridge and you are ready to go