Does anyone know what kind of cab EVH used? I am getting a peavey 5150 head and need to know what kind of cab he used, someone told me it was a marshall or something, is that true?
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
At first he used Marshall heads and cabs, but then switched to peavey heads and cabs when he got an endorsement with them. I'm not sure on the model though.
the lesser known of the 4
just get a 5150 one, its modelled after his old marshall cab

or you could just spend like $9843098324093 on an old marshall cab

your choice bro

Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

or 650 for a non mythical marshall 1960a with G12t-75's
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Quote by Funky P
or 650 for a non mythical marshall 1960a with G12t-75's

You mean this? Is that what he used with the 5150 head? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-1960A-4x12-Angled-Cabinet?sku=482772
If you did mean this which would be a better choice, this or the peavey 5150 cab? Will the 5150 sound better with the marshall or with the peavey is what I am tryin to ask.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Last edited by Pants99 at Jul 17, 2006,
The peavey's stock speakers are rather bleh, and the marshall would get closer to Eddie's tone.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by TimmyPage06
Wierd.. what does EVH use now a days?

I've seen a new advert for Peavey and Eddie is playing live with all peavey equipment.
the lesser known of the 4
EVH hasn't been playing for years
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
Quote by Funky P
The peavey's stock speakers are rather bleh, and the marshall would get closer to Eddie's tone.

So you are suggesting the peavey 5150 head with the 1960a mashall cab right? And what kind of 5150 head did he use, the original one or the 5150 II? Or if the 5150 is too hard to find how does the 6505 sound?
Last edited by Pants99 at Jul 18, 2006,
Quote by Pants99
Or if the 5150 is too hard to find how does theh 6505 sound?

Same amp... meaning there's a negligible difference if any.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Anyone?