I have a DigiTech RP200 and I was wondering how I can use it to get some good AFI tones, particularly the ones from Answer That And Stay Fashionable, Black Sails In The Sunset, and The Art Of Drowning.

I'd prefer not to have to go buying new gear, but if it would dramatically improve the authenticity of the tone then I'd be willing to. Otherwise, I'd prefer to stick with the RP200. If you could give me specific RP200 settings that would be awesome.

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
Member #7 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join.

Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all
Radiate, recognize one silent call
As we all form one dark flame...
Incinerate!
from what ive heard of afi, they sound like pretty generic modern rock tones, more production than anything else. i dont have the specific rp200 thing, but i imagine itd be similar to a pod xt. what kind of amp/cab/effect simulations does it have?
but really tone tweaking is something you have to figure out by constantly playing with the knobs, and getting to know your gear. unless someone else here has an rp200, we cant really give you the specific settings. just have fun tweaking
Yeah, I get the whole RP200 thing. I mean, I'ts got EQs, a compressor, different amp/pickup/wah models (like Rectifier, Clean, Crunch, Fuzz, etc.), and effects (chorus, flanger, phaser, tremelo etc.

I'm reallly just looking for an EQ setting and what amp model simulation to use. I could just tweak it then.
Member #7 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join.

Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all
Radiate, recognize one silent call
As we all form one dark flame...
Incinerate!
I know the guitarist uses Gibson LP Studios, and I've heard he uses Peavey amps. I'm not sure though.

Head over to the punk forum and ask what amps he uses in the ONLY AFI thread. They'll know.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
AFI's tone is created in Pro Tools.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Dude don't even try, his tone is good for the band but it's is so produced, it's like the other guy said more production than anything.
from the AFI site, during Black Sails he used Gibson Les Pauls and Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifiers. The 'rectifier' patch should work, and use a mahogany-bodied guitar with a bridge humbucker. Hope this helps!
ok, try the 'rectifier' or the 'crunch' (you really have to experiment here dude). they sound pretty bass/mid heavy, with the highs just just a little bit. again, i think this is mostly from the production and whatever they do in the studio, but thry boosting the bass/mid and slightly cutting the highs. damn i wish i could actually hear what your setup sounds like and help you, cause im totally shooting in the dark here. you wont need any effects, maybe a distortion effect if you use the crunch setting.