ok here is the song" the heart of life"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P8ZcSoZWeg
and he says at the bottom " all simply voiced majors and minors- the song is in D.
verse is I-vi-iii-IV-I(6)-V
chorus is V-I-IV 3x then I(6)-IV-I(6)-V then back to the head." what does he mean by that? could you figure out the chords just like that? someone explain this to me please.
:stickpoke

ITALY-2006 WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!
Quote by moo453
ok here is the song" the heart of life"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P8ZcSoZWeg
and he says at the bottom " all simply voiced majors and minors- the song is in D.
verse is I-vi-iii-IV-I(6)-V
chorus is V-I-IV 3x then I(6)-IV-I(6)-V then back to the head." what does he mean by that? could you figure out the chords just like that? someone explain this to me please.
Happy to help. Here are your chords in the key of D:
I - D major
ii - E minor
iii - F# minor
IV - G major
V - A major
vi - B minor
vii0 - C# dim

The (6) means a chord in first inversion (or alternatively, second position). This means the third of the chord in in the bass.

Verse
I-vi-iii-IV-I(6)-V = D major - B minor - F# minor - G major - D major/F# - A major

chorus
V-I-IV 3x = A major - D major - G major (three times)
then
I(6)-IV-I(6)-V = D major/F# - G major - D major/F# - A major
and then back to the top (start over with another verse)
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
oh i kinda get it. so after that, you just have to find the chord that fits in. cause i know theres d in 5 positions, so you just have to find the correct one?

Quote by moo453
oh i kinda get it. so after that, you just have to find the chord that fits in. cause i know theres d in 5 positions, so you just have to find the correct one?
Yes. The song's transcriber says the chords are all "simply-voiced", so if it were me I'd just pick the voicings I liked best (unless a specific voicing is critical to the sound of the song) and go with them.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
ok thanks alot for you help