Ok,
First off there is a wealth of information about all this stuff but I need a simple understanding and possibly a diagram.

I have a B-52 AT-100 Head paired with a Marshall cab.. It has an Effects loop send and return with line level adjust knobs. Now I am also running a Digi Death Metal distortion pedal. Here are the questions:

1: Why when you use a Distortion pedal you need to keep the amp in clean mode
and let the pedal dp the work? I tried doing through the gain channels but it sounds like crap.

2: How do I use effects loop and do I connect my Wah or Digi pedal through there? or do I run straight between the out of the amp and to the pedal to the guitar? Can someone make a diagram for me, (can be created through Microsoft paint)

3: How can I get a Metallica sound with this amp which sounds heavy with tight pounding lows and nice smooth highs?

Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance!!
Quote by jolson27

EDIT: sorry, i thought you said DF-7, but same either way

Thanks for the Diagram!! Much appriciated. Also I have a Yngwie Malmsteen DOD YJM308. I like using that better than the Death Metal. This Yngwie pedal seems to be able to be used on a gain channel
Quote by jolson27
^yeah thats becasue the yngwie pedal (if im not mistaken) is a OD pedal, therefore just increasing teh gain a small bit, not distorting the signal like the metal pedal does, so you can use it on your gain channel

I am playing with it as I right this and it sounds much better than the Digi.. I need to get more bottom end of this head and I can't seem to. Would an EQ take care of this?
or a Pre amp?
Quote by jolson27
an eq would be perfect for what you need.

i'll be on later to look for one for ya

Awsome, thanks alot!!

I was thinking maybe a triaxis for a pre amp?
I also have the digitech death metal pedal, it sounds like poo. Use the Yngwie OD pedal on your dirty channel.your head has an EQ then just adjust it from there.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Quote by LethalAe86TypeR
I also have the digitech death metal pedal, it sounds like poo. Use the Yngwie OD pedal on your dirty channel.your head has an EQ then just adjust it from there.

The B-52 AT-100 dosent have an EQ??
Quote by joedc52
The B-52 AT-100 dosent have an EQ??

Im just saying adjust ur EQ to whatever he wants, sorry.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Quote by LethalAe86TypeR
Im just saying adjust ur EQ to whatever he wants, sorry.

Oh, I don't have an EQ yet and I don't know which one to get and if it will make a big difference.
Quote by jolson27
^what he's saying is to adjust the equalization on your amp

I see, I tried tweaking with it to get a nice low end and smooth highs. The highs are no problem but the bottom end needs it and I did try turning the mid down low and increase the treble to compensate.