I have a question about the album version of the "Sunshine of Your Love" solo. In the begininng of Erics solo does he take that little lick from any other song, it sounds REALLY familiar
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
it sounds like cocaine to me
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Its one of the licks SRV uses in "The Sky is Crying" I believe.
"An eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind"- Mahatma Ghandi
Last edited by Dog Eat Dog at Jul 19, 2006,
I love that solo.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
He didnt TAKE that lick from either of those songs. Sunshine of your Love was written in the 60's....

Ok I didn't mean a classic rock song. I meant like and old swing song or something, it sounds so familiar.

Next time don't jump on people so quickly before considering that existence did not being in 1967

*Official Deadhead*
Quote by Dog Eat Dog
Its one of the licks SRV uses in "The Sky is Crying" I believe.

I meant SRV uses the first lick of "Strange Brew" in "The Sky is Crying", I read the song you were thinking of wrong.
"An eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind"- Mahatma Ghandi
Quote by MountainJam
Ok I didn't mean a classic rock song. I meant like and old swing song or something, it sounds so familiar.

Next time don't jump on people so quickly before considering that existence did not being in 1967

I see...

So single-note bends often remind you of old swing songs?
I think the start of the solo sounds a bit like 'blue moon'

it seems to fit the bit with the lines

'blue moon' I saw you standing alone........

if this rings any bells! please say!
I lost my faith in the summer time.
Last edited by jon3782001 at Jul 19, 2006,
I love that solo, I've tried and failed on a number of occasions trying to work it out. However, I think one of the problems I have is the speed and the way he bends off the notes, if any of you know what I mean.
I honestly find it to be an easy solo, but some people find somethings easy while others have trouble with them - everyone's a different player.

It's actually a really good solo, I think, and if you want to learn it just keep going at it.

Sit down and listen to the song a few times, and after a bit take out your guitar, split the solo into "sections", and try and learn each section before moving on.
Great advice, it's quite wierd really, I consider the first Comfortably Numb solo harder than the solo of Sunshine of your Love, yet, can play the CN solo perfectly. I'm quite a newbie with guitar, is it persistance, or what?
That's really how I view guitar playing - persistence.

Of course, you need to get the basics down first before you can play anything, but once you're able to do the basic guitar playing techniques you can almost play anything.

Of course, playing and learning gets easier with time, and your sound will too, but if someone playing for one year whose been able to learn the techniques could learn the same thing as someone playing for three years could, but there will more than likely be a difference in quality and time to learn the song, but that is all due to lack of experience for the newer player and having experience for the older player.
The solo was based on the song "Blue Moon." If you haven't heard "Blue Moon," maybe you've heard another song based on it.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by ufossuck
The solo was based on the song "Blue Moon." If you haven't heard "Blue Moon," maybe you've heard another song based on it.

Yeah, i've always thought that when I heard the solo! good to know
Listen to the Bob Dylan song "Bye and Bye" off of "Love and Theft".

"Bye and bye / I'm breathing a lover's sigh."

And then listen to the solo...weird.
Founder and member #1 of "The Beatles really are the greatest" club...PM me to join.

Quote by Zeus2716

but whatever you do, never, i repeat NEVER masturbate with hot sauce.
Quote by jon3782001
I think the start of the solo sounds a bit like 'blue moon'

it seems to fit the bit with the lines

'blue moon' I saw you standing alone........

if this rings any bells! please say!

YES!YES!YES! That's it, that is the song I heard i nthat opening lick but could never figure out, You are my hero, you don't know how long I've wanted to know this.

*Official Deadhead*
whos blue moon by??

ntw great song and great solo :p
Quote by MountainJam
How do i contract brain damage?
Why, Elvis of course! Who else?

Actually, it could be written by someone else, but I only have a version of his. It's quite good.
Have you heard about my baby? Yes, how I love her, you don't know.
Have you heard about my baby? Yes, how I love her, you don't know.
I declare it hurt be so bad, when I heard she'd got to go.