Hey everyone, my name is Jeris and I have been painting custom airbrush artwork for 15 years now. Guitars, cars, bikes you name it. If anyone has any questions abou tpaining their instrument or looking for artwork to be done, just ask away.

if anyoen cares to check out my work here it is:

www.aragoncustoms.com

I have more pics I recently did that I havent uploaded yet. Skulls/flames /fantasy type art is my specialty as you can probly assume but, I can do ANYTHING.

thanks, hope i can help and learn here!

(I posted this here like members said, THANKS!)
read the thread i started you could help me hopefully. and if your too lazy lol.
i need to know if i paint my guitar before installing a floyd rose trem or vice versa thx
Quote by Doppleganger
read the thread i started you could help me hopefully. and if your too lazy lol.
i need to know if i paint my guitar before installing a floyd rose trem or vice versa thx

You'll most likly want to paint your guitar with the FL off, along with every other piece of hardware, unless your just doing touch up to fix a scratch or something. But if your actually painting the guitar, you'll want it taken apart and the body gutted before doing so..

I loved the gallery man, very talented.. Im currently building my own custom guitar but im staining it not painting it, but ill want to add custom details to the headstock and air brushing might be a good way to go, ill look you up if i have questions.
finally another painter here welcome

we have same airbrush. i dont usually do graphics and stuff, i am mainly an insurance painter...if u know what i mean.
Slowhand 03/23/07
The UG Eric Clapton Fan Club

PM clapton-floyd to join
yea def take the trem/neck off and also, I would mask off the edges of the neck where they meet the body to avoid any problems when re assembling it. Youll have a hard time painting it with it still on, while tryng to avoid over spray and other problems. just strip it, paint it, re assemble it.

any other questions?
Last edited by aragoncustoms at Jul 17, 2006,
Quote by sempri_fi
can you do this??(http://www.gibsoncustom.com/inspiredby/JimiHendrixV.html) its a hendrix flying v, i mean the paint part of it, on a strat body, schecter omen-6 to be exact, and how much would you charge for this kind of work??

That!!?? EASY! No problem, I can knock that out in a few days.

PM me what kinda budget yer workin with adn I ll see if we can come to an agreement.
Quote by Bones420
You'll most likly want to paint your guitar with the FL off, along with every other piece of hardware, unless your just doing touch up to fix a scratch or something. But if your actually painting the guitar, you'll want it taken apart and the body gutted before doing so..

I loved the gallery man, very talented.. Im currently building my own custom guitar but im staining it not painting it, but ill want to add custom details to the headstock and air brushing might be a good way to go, ill look you up if i have questions.

Yup, no prob.
I can aslo do that "real looking fire" type stuff a lot of people sem to liek these days. Not sure if you guys saw that on my site.
i got a question, how would i do a metallic blue paint job with a black x going across the body? and its a strat body if it matters
Quote by rockr09
i got a question, how would i do a metallic blue paint job with a black x going across the body? and its a strat body if it matters

well first lat down the metallic base and paint the whole thing.

then mask off the entire guitar leaving only the "X" visible, with masking tape or frisket paper, whatever, get it too look like what you want on ther.

then paint the X black (I would use a candy black so the metallic will show through and pop more than plain black).

unmask it, clear it and yer done.

Or just have me do it and dont have to worry about anything lol.
how would i paint a neck and headstock? would i need to take off the fretboard?
Quote by rockr09
how would i paint a neck and headstock? would i need to take off the fretboard?

No, you could mask around it.

Do not paint the frets, it totally distorts the sound.
i love your work, real nice, but isn't it against forum rules to advertise? I'm not for one moment having a go at you i was just wondering. But yea, the work is great, where are you based? the US i presume?
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Welcome to the forums, im sure you'll have alot of advice to give

Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by hairball
i love your work, real nice, but isn't it against forum rules to advertise? I'm not for one moment having a go at you i was just wondering. But yea, the work is great, where are you based? the US i presume?

yup US, northern california.
i have a little advice for you: DON"T POST MORE THEN ONCE IN A ROW, this is called double posting, you can use the edit button, trust me, use it, mods'll be all over you. No offence, i'm not trying to pick a fight

sweet gallery man whereabouts do you live?

EDIT: my bad missed that last one
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
I live in northern california, lake county.

thanks man, I try.

Ill post some pics of my beast when its done
Hey, welcome to UG!

Very nice work!

(And on a side note, please don't double post, and anything commercial should be kept out of these forums, advertising/dealing goes in the classifieds. Or via PM. Thanks!)

I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
what do u use for a gun?
i have been using an iwata CM-B, a badger 360 universal, and an iwata W-200 with a binks pot

and for the last little while i have been experimenting with pinstripe brushes...and even tried the pinstripe "roller" do u have any suggestions for a decent lacquer friendly brush... i catn find anything i like other than a good old fashioned ruling pen and a french curve.
I never would recomend those rollers, they suck.

I use a dagger and remove a lot of the hairs. Good to go. You should be able to find one at any decent paint store.

I use an iwata HPC, its great. Perfect lines with the crown cap off.

ALso, remember to thin the hell out of airbrush piants, I always do. Control yer airpressure too.