I recently found a Peavey wolfgang special ( One of my favorite guitars) and I am thinking about buying it. I was wondering what anyone else thought about these kind of guitars. My only complaint is that there is only one knob, and its for volume.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Well the one knob thing doesnt bother me because I dont use the tone knob much. If you admire Eddie Van Halen, then its great for you, because it was one of the guitars he played. If its one of your favorite guitars, why wouldnt you buy it if you like the price. How much are they selling it for.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Well the one knob thing doesnt bother me because I dont use the tone knob much. If you admire Eddie Van Halen, then its great for you, because it was one of the guitars he played. If its one of your favorite guitars, why wouldnt you buy it if you like the price. How much are they selling it for.
$ 529

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
Pics?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Pics?

Quote by basssoldier

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
Last edited by dementedpuppy at Jul 17, 2006,
Buy that!!! I love mine!!! I have a friend who has one also and said a guy in a music store offered him $3000 for his...
I tried one out a while back at a guitar store (mainly cause im a EVH fan) But i just didnt really like it, not that there was anything wrong with the guitar, i mean it plays well, and looks decent, and sounds pretty good, but it just didnt have alot of options for the amount of money they where asking ($600 new) And it just seemed a little cheaply put together (of course it coulda just been beat up a bit from people playing it in the store, but i doubt it)

I mean yeah the guitar was designed by Eddie and all, and im sure its set up perfectly for him and his style of playing, but as a guitar for the average player, i would recommend something a little more versitile.. Of course if all you care about is sounding just like Eddie during the "hagar years" then thats the guitar you want, but i think you would be happier spending your cash on something of better quality.. I personally have never been a fan of Peaveys Electric guitars, they're almost always crap.

But before making a choice, find one and try it out first, i dont think they make those guitars anymore (since peavey dummped Eddie) But i still see them alot at local shops (i dont think they sell that well) ... But everyone has there own taste, so try one if you can, otherwise i wouldent recommend one.

Quote by Joe-Dogg
Buy that!!! I love mine!!! I have a friend who has one also and said a guy in a music store offered him $3000 for his...

If this is true i seriously hope your friend sold it to him cause the guitar isnt even worth nearly that much unless it was one Eddie actually played, even then i wouldent pay that much for a Peavey.
Last edited by Bones420 at Jul 17, 2006,
i have a special and its amazing, but i think that pic is of a standard or something, because the binding isnt on specials....not that ive seen at least. one knob doesnt affect anything, get it.
EVH
Yeah I found that kinda hard to believe myself, but I do hope the price value does go up on them...As far as the one you played goes, you evidently got hold of a cheap one that was worn out cause mine plays like a dream and is put together really well. And options wise, I got Floyd Rose (that can be set free floating or flush, D-Tuna, tool kit and hard case for $795 brand new. It really is a kick ass guitar man