Now that I got your attention.

My friend and I are jamming buds and we will start a band when we get good enough. We want to save up for the same amp, it has to be an amp head though. Our budget is $1000 maximum for the head alone. Were looking into Peaveys but dont know which ones are good.

Here are some heads we've been looking into.
Peavey ValveKing 100.
Peavey XXL.
Randall RH300G3
Randall RH50T
Randall RH150G3
Randall RM20HB

Please take note that we live in Canada so American prices are lower than ours.

We play all kinds of metal but mostly: Metallica, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera and occasionally, stuff like DragonForce and Stratovarius.

We would like to know the pros and cons of the amps listed above and if you have any more suggestions please post them below.

We also still need to save up so we'll have them by next year when we go into highschool.

Thanks.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Last edited by altarofdemise at Jul 17, 2006,
Well you said that it has to be a combo amp... but then you go on to say that you want to spend 1000 on a head. Which one is it?
Quote by myvaliantleap
Well you said that it has to be a combo amp... but then you go on to say that you want to spend 1000 on a head. Which one is it?

i think he means to say stack instead of combo.

but i think you should get the peavey xxl.
but thats just me
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what music do you play? what amp do you maily use? how much you willing to spend? what country do you live in?

Quote by timi_hendrix
You forgot "asl?"

Quote by @zzasin
You want me dead cause I don't share your opinion?

I bet my life savings your an American..
There, I ment only for the head.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
you will need to buy an EQ pedal..cause i couldnt find my tone.
i play metalcore...its alright for NORMAL high gain.
i have weird settings i play with so it wasnt good for me without an EQ pedal.
i just saw a mesa single rect. for 1,500 USD.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by xsynysterx06
you will need to buy an EQ pedal..cause i couldnt find my tone.
i play metalcore...its alright for NORMAL high gain.
i have weird settings i play with so it wasnt good for me without an EQ pedal.
i just saw a mesa single rect. for 1,500 USD.

What amp do you have? You also just confused the **** out of me.
Quote by DoTheEvolution