instead of a $99 guitar and $150 pickups, get a $250 guitar.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Why get that guitar? You might as well get a Jay Turser or something.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
^They make those in a size that fits in the humbucker cut out.

Also, if you put a different pickup for one of them, you should do both because stock pickups are typically quiter than pickups you can buy to put on your guitar.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Quote by Funky P
instead of a $99 guitar and $150 pickups, get a $250 guitar.

yeah.

using you logic that "since it's a $99 guitar and the pickups won't be that great" take that to its logical conclusion: it's a $99 guitar, and the guitar won't be that great.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well if this is what you want to do then go for it but if you dont want the pickups to cost more than the guitar dont expect anything good. for 99 bucks the guitar will have to get replaced before the pickups
i have the epihpone SG special, and as far as i know, they have the same pickups as the one you want, in my opinion, they arent bad pickups, if thats any help to you..
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.