Ok, so i've been playing over three and a half years and i finally ordered a new bass.(link below) I was wondering if there's any sort of flaws that schecter commonly has that i should be looking for to return it. This is just to make absolutely sure i didn't waste $600 just to find out it has a flaw and it's too late to return it.

So if you have heard anything bad about schecter basses or have found something out first hand please post and let me know.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Stiletto-Studio4-Bass?sku=516752

BTW: I didn't order it from that site but a local guitarshop that offered same price. I like to support local business ya know.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I have heard good things baou tshrecters, never had a chance toplay one so i don't have any experience..
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Well, its not quite what usually comes up, but I think you'll get the idea.

Quote by Fett13
Well, I own an Elite-4, which is essentially the same thing, except its a 4-string the Elites have neck-through design instead of bolt on. Also, I personally think they look a lot better (mmmmm.....black cherry and gold hardware........).

But back to the topic. Schecter makes great basses. I have yet to play another bass that I would rather own. I'd gladly take my E-4 over any of the others I've played. The only thing that I've ever heard anyone complain about concerning the Stiletto line is the neck width. Personally I like a thin neck, but not everyone does, so they gripe about that. I played an E-5 just a few days ago, and even though I don't much care for 5 stings, I must say it was a very nice bass.

As for versatility, this bass does a lot. You can get a great multitude of sounds out of it, and from what I've seen/heard you can do pretty much anything, from simple finger picking to slap (though I can't say for sure on the slap part, I personally don't slap at all).

Personally the only thing I would recomend is to take the Elite over the Custom, but that's more personal preference for neck-through and for the color than anything else. The pickups/electronics are all the same between them. If you like the sound, go for it. Its a great bass for a great price.

*COUGHblackcherryCOUGH*
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
I have a Schecter Stiletto 5 and it is practically perfect. My only complaint is that when changing the strings, the saddles that the string rest on in the bridge can fall off sometimes. Other that that little nit-pick they are flawless.
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
Quote by Names_mud
I have a Schecter Stiletto 5 and it is practically perfect. My only complaint is that when changing the strings, the saddles that the string rest on in the bridge can fall off sometimes. Other that that little nit-pick they are flawless.

Which bridge does it have, the Diamond plus, the S-tek or the Diamond Custom. I don't personally know much about the diamonds, but if you have the S-tek (Eiltes or Customs) that shouldn't happen. The saddles are integrated into the indvidual bridge segments. I couldn't take the thing apart if I wanted to.

The S-tek on my Elite is the most solid bridge I've ever laid my hands on. This is one of the reasons I recomend it even over the Studios, that bridge is amazing. It has individual segments for each string, so that the changing the tension on a string barely affects the other strings, if at all. Also, combined with the neck-through construction, it has so much sustain I can't even begin to describe it.

So, once again, GET THE ELITE (in black cherry >_> ). I am so happy with mine, that I can honestly say, there is not a single other bass I would play a show with. The only other bass I would even buy is a Rickenbacker, but thats a Ric, so its in a class all on its own. Given a choice between my Stiletto and any other bass in existance (without exception) I would always take the Stiletto.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
i have a schecter diamond series c4xxx.

and i love it.

good choice.
chillin