Like someone said in an earlier post, they wanna get a tone similiar to mars volta with their pedal board. The Mars Volta have some really freaky effects that i have never heard before.

What do you think is the strangest pedal out there?

I personally think the MXR Blue Box and Line 6 FM-4 are insanely weird.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 602
Line 6 DL-4
Line 6 FM-4
Boss MT-2
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Limited
Electro Harmonix Small Stone
one of my friends has a custom made pedal, it maked super volume swels that sound like explosions. (I mean exactly like explosions not just super heave dist.)
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Can you explain what the MXR Blue Box actually does?

And full blown chorus sounds pretty damn cool/freaky, then pair that with wah, flange, delay, reverb and fuzz, and you've got yourself a big freaky wall of sound.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
the mxr blue box is an o0ctave pedal that randomly goes down an octave or 2, when ever it feels like it. no 2 riffs played thru it will sound the same.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Really? COooool, I'm gonna' have to try one out some time.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by joel_grieve
the mxr blue box is an o0ctave pedal that randomly goes down an octave or 2, when ever it feels like it. no 2 riffs played thru it will sound the same.

and its not just an octave down, its a fuzzy octave down and all over the place
Quote by joel_grieve
the mxr blue box is an o0ctave pedal that randomly goes down an octave or 2, when ever it feels like it. no 2 riffs played thru it will sound the same. and its not just an octave down, its a fuzzy octave down and all over the place

happy?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
happy?

yes

the Roger Mayer/Tychobrahe Octavia and all the various remakes of it that are around today (Voodoo Labs, Chicago Iron, Fulltone too I believe) are all pretty weird too, as a fuzzy octave up that goes the hell if you play more than one string

Mr Z.Vex also has some crazy pedals http://www.zvex.com/effects.html
anything ring modulator is damn weird
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel