I can read the tabs with numbers but I can't read tabs taht has the picture of guitar's fretboard and circles or Xs indicating the frets to play. How do i read these?
I got a tab of C major. I see all these Xs on frets 1, 2 and 3 but don't know which one to play first cause there's like Xs on fret 1 and fret 3 on the same string.
play C major like this

e|-0
b|-1
g|-0
d|-2
a|-3
e|-x
see how it corresponds with your chord chart
my rig
Squire strat affinity series, chrome red
Fender jazz bass, sunburst
custom made bass, natural (forget who made it)
Roland jazz chorus 50
Boss DS-1 distortion pedal
and I only use purple dunlop tortex picks
Quote by grrrr
I can read the tabs with numbers but I can't read tabs taht has the picture of guitar's fretboard and circles or Xs indicating the frets to play. How do i read these?
I got a tab of C major. I see all these Xs on frets 1, 2 and 3 but don't know which one to play first cause there's like Xs on fret 1 and fret 3 on the same string.

Those diagrams don't tell you when to play the notes, but rather where the notes are. It's a scale. You play the scale as a series of notes. If you want to play the scale, start with the first "x" on the lowest string. Play it. Go up to the next fret. Play it. Perhaps the next note is on the next string. Play it.

Get it yet? I honestly don't understand the confusion...

Learn about positions an boxes and what scales are etc.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by redwing_suck
Those diagrams don't tell you when to play the notes, but rather where the notes are. It's a scale. You play the scale as a series of notes. If you want to play the scale, start with the first "x" on the lowest string. Play it. Go up to the next fret. Play it. Perhaps the next note is on the next string. Play it.

Get it yet? I honestly don't understand the confusion...

Learn about positions an boxes and what scales are etc.

Which one do I play first if the Xs are on the same string like this:

---x-------x
lowest string on lowest note..thanks...thats wat i wanted to know.