Heres my newest song ive written and the second powertab ive done

I revised it so it should sound a lot better. I also decided on a title
Attachments:
Thunder Bolts, Lightning Claps.zip
Last edited by HIMKTR3000 at Jul 18, 2006,
its pretty good, i liked it, the bridge was definitly the best part and stood out the most, imo, i didnt like the 32nd-note rhythm behind the piano quarter notes, but other than that, great song! crit any of mine if you get a chance, there in my sig, thanks!
Okay, from the get go, I like this. But, when you play the D chord, and do the appregio;

Instead of playing the 2nd fret on the high E [during the appreggiated part only], play an Open E string. It sounds better, I swear.

I like the first part of the Pre-Verse. Sounds good with the lead guitar.
The second part, with the acoustic, sounds kinda boring. Too slow. Vary the rhythm a little bit, not all 8th notes.

On the verse, you should select all the piano notes and put the "Let Ring" effect on them. It sounds better, and definately fuller. And maybe speed the tempo up just a little bit. Not past 100, or maybe even 95.

The 32nd note PowerChords in the Chorus... no. Change those. Put a nice little rhythm there. It sounds bad as it is right now.

Bridge sounds good. I like it. I can hear some really pounding drums, hitting the toms and stuff. I like that part.

Again, the chorus thing. No straight 32nd notes. Sounds bad.

Other than the chorus, this sounds great. I really like it.

Mind critting mine? The first link in my sig takes you to it.
Spiral Out
Quote by HumanitysDeath
Okay, from the get go, I like this. But, when you play the D chord, and do the appregio;

Instead of playing the 2nd fret on the high E [during the appreggiated part only], play an Open E string. It sounds better, I swear.
to it.

Sounds better to who? In your opinion it may sound better but I think it sounds fine the way it is.

I had a few problems. The lead lines aren't very melodic. They feel forced, like you have them just to have them. Also, You go out of key in the pre-verse. Something you should think about changing. Overall this piece was pretty meh. It's repetitive because you're using the same chords over and over and not really changing it up at all.

Oh and I agree with the 32nd notes not really working against the piano playing 8th notes.
i just listened to it again today and i agree that the 32nd notes dont fit. and ill add some melody for the eighths. i was going to last night but it was like 1 in the morning and i was like screw it.
Quote by Evian
Sounds better to who? In your opinion it may sound better but I think it sounds fine the way it is.

I had a few problems. The lead lines aren't very melodic. They feel forced, like you have them just to have them. Also, You go out of key in the pre-verse.

Obviously to me, you fool. But did you even take a listen to my idea? Because I've listened to the original, and I've listened to my subtle change, and it sounds a little bit sweeter. And while I agree with the lead feeling forced, the out of key thing doesn't really matter. It sounds good.

Okay. The revised version.
I dont like the new chorus. It's bland as all hell.
And at bar 47, the guitar sounds really bad.

I like the new pre-verse. Sounds good.

Bar 49? WTF?

Still like the bridge, though the lead guitar sounds off.
Outro is cool. The guitar taking over the piano part. I can really hear the harmonzing there.

It sounds better. Chorus is boring, though. And I dunno wtf is going on with Bar 49.

Mind critting my latest?
Link in my sig
Spiral Out