I own a Marshall MG DFX 100 and i dont love the sound but its definately descent for what i use it for, mainly jamming with a very loud drummer and another guitar player.

We play Rock and Roll and the amps got enough volume and the tone is fine, not killer but descent. i am considering upgrading, now i want to now why everyone here hates these amps.

Is it reliability? i've only had my 6 months now, is it likely to crap out on me sooner rather then later?
Or do you guys have other complaints about them i would like to hear them.
My major complaint is that it's solid state (:rolleyes. I use a Fender tube amp but still own the MG100. The MG has ZERO ZERO ZERO tonal quality, and the distortion is WAY to edgy.

The cooling fan on my MG poops out on startup every time, and did so after inly 2 months of owning it. What a piece...
Looking for my India/Django.
well the main reason is the tone....it just doesnt sound as good as a real Marshall...then there's the price; some people feel that its overpriced for what it delivers
it costs too much for what it is:

unreliable, muffled tone, bad response, and an awful representation for a high stature brand name (i think this gets people ticked off more than the others)

but if you like it and it works for you, then its no biggie. Usually you dont understand why an amp sucks or why anythign sucks unless youve had better. I garuntee that if you get a chance to play a higher end, tube marshall, you wont be close to satisfied with your MG. But ignorance is bliss, so its your choice.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
if it works for you great. i just hate chinsy solid state tone. i have to have a hybrid at the very least.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by ark
it costs too much for what it is:

unreliable, muffled tone, bad response, and an awful representation for a high stature brand name (i think this gets people ticked off more than the others)

Yup.

But Jack_Flash, if you like it, who cares what people say? Keep playing it until you actually feel the need to upgrade.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yeah i see what you guys mean, it sound alright loud probably beause its loud but listening to a recording me and my band did recently it does expose its weaknesses. The other guitarist had a 2x12" GUNN tube amp with a RATT distortion pedal and you can hear the deifference in sound mine sounds tinny and slightly fake while his was a big grunty sound that realy shows up on lower volumes .

What would a good amp be of a simlar size/power i want a good sound for recording an EP and small shows but i think a half stack would be overkill in terms of volume and size.
Well, what's your price range, and what sounds are you looking for from an amp?/playing styles?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yea the solid state marshalls are not great i own an MG 250 dfx and i havent been so disapointed with a marshall in my life. if you want a marshall upgrade to a marshall tube amp. or any old tube amp.