I'm going cheap, real cheap on this one just for the fact that I cant afford an actual fender mustang or jaguar, but I'm hoping that once i get one of these, I can turn it into either a jaguar or a mustang (or a mustang looking jagstang). I'm a big Nirvana fan, I don't exactly worship the ground Kurt walked on, but I admire his style of music and his guitar playing. I've played both a fender jaguar and a mustang, and I like them both, but I can't afford either... so I need your help.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Cyclone-Electric-Guitar?sku=515114

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Jagmaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=519635

I wouldn't mind turning the cyclone into a mustang or throwing a jagstang pickguard on there and add the switches for look because I prefer the toggle switch.
and I wouldn't mind turning the jagmaster into a jaguar but yet again, I want to keep the toggle switch. Which do you think will look better for customization?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Well, since you already have some good guitars, I'd say go with the Jagmaster and throw some new pups in it. But heed my warning, the tone woods are ****.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
I plan to put DiMarzio d-100 super distortion in the bridge and a DiMarzio PAF in the neck if I get that one.

both are really the same quality..squier. Whichever body you like best is the way i'd put it. I like the jaguar better, but that's my opinion and not yours soo, as long as you mod it up and aren't a complete tone freak you should have a good guitar aftee new pickups
Quote by Ambulance X
Well, since you already have some good guitars, I'd say go with the Jagmaster and throw some new pups in it. But heed my warning, the tone woods are ****.

It has an alder body, new pups and it should sound great.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
hmm... I am leaning more towards the Jaguar style. when I'm done, I plan on it looking almost exactly like a jaguar except its going to still have the toggle switch.

I would get the jagmaster, I've played the Squier cyclone and it was terrible.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
jagmaster all the way.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
alright, thanks everyone for the help, I have decided to go with the Jagmaster.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
hmm... I am leaning more towards the Jaguar style. when I'm done, I plan on it looking almost exactly like a jaguar except its going to still have the toggle switch.

You can make it look like a Jaguar, BUT can you make it sound like one?

Anyway, definitely the Jagmaster.