if you look on the dean site, they recently made a new type of razorback, the razorback v's...it looks like the razorback two-tone based on the ml, only this one is based on a flying v

my question is...where the hell can you buy these?? i have looked everywhere but i can't find out how to make one of these sweet looking axes my own...
Don't buy one. It will be a waste of money, just like the Razorbacks are."But Dime designed/played them!" I hear you scream, but the truth is, Razorbacks(and probably the new V) have:Gimmicky, photoshopped graphics, Liscensed Floyd's, mediocre quality, ****ty dimebucker, and Dean is no longer selling guitars, they are selling Dime's name and attaching a guitar.
Quote by El Codyo
Don't buy one. It will be a waste of money, just like the Razorbacks are."But Dime designed/played them!" I hear you scream, but the truth is, Razorbacks(and probably the new V) have:Gimmicky, photoshopped graphics, Liscensed Floyd's, mediocre quality, ****ty dimebucker, and Dean is no longer selling guitars, they are selling Dime's name and attaching a guitar.

Agreed unless you can get a custom version like the guy from trivium that V is probably crap
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
^I thought trivium used a Les Paul and some kind of Jackson
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
they did for a long time but they recently changed to DIme Razorbacks and MLs. and the lead guitarist recently got one custom made for him a V it looks amazing and his probably is amazing but the ones out of the factory are probably crap

Edit - Ok i went to the site and checked it out. They dont seem to badly constructed. Mahogany body with mahogany set neck
Ebony Fretboard

but then there are some bad things.
It has a Licensed Floyd Rose
And it has the Dimebucker in it.
If it was about 500 to 600 dollars it would be worth it then do a floyd change and pick up change otherwise i wouldnt bother it looks pretty though

http://www.deanguitars.com/summer06/usa_dime_razorback_v.htm
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Last edited by Syn Harvest at Jul 18, 2006,
I'd much rather tap this:

(Invalid img)
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by RideTheAnger13
I'd much rather tap this:

(Invalid img)

A white box with a red x in it?
Quote by El Codyo

well, duhh...i'm not gonna buy something for probably $1000 without even playing it before...i need to see where the hell they have them so i can see how they feel first...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Quote by El Codyo
^Actually it will prbably be ~$3000 since it is a USA model.

really??

the razorbacks now run...i think...1099...except for the rusted one, that ones 3000 something...but daaaaaamnn that's a lot of ****ing money to spend!!

ESPs work fine for me
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
The rusted Razorback along with the new distressed Dixie one are USA models, that's why they are so much higher, the $1099 ones are probably Korean or something.
It was supposed to be the double neck...
Quote by sethp

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by El Codyo
The rusted Razorback along with the new distressed Dixie one are USA models, that's why they are so much higher, the $1099 ones are probably Korean or something.

okay that sorts out a lot...i've been wondering why they were so expensive

but why do you people insult razorbacks?? i played the shards one at my local music store and it played really good
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
they're just a bit pricey compared to what they are, beyond a certain price you expect certain things like an OFR instead of a liscensed one, and certain brands of tuners and pickups and so on.
oh...well, i'd pretty much like to get a dean from hell because it has the bill lawrence bridge hum instead of the dimebucker...i don't really like the dimebuckers as much as the BL

but yeah...i don't really know the difference between an OFR and a LFR

explain?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Buy whatever you want, I think they look pretty nice, You can replace the floyd and the pickups, And the one coreyfrom trivium is holding doesn't look photoshoped
Gear:
Jackson dxmg 10
Ltd Ec 400
Line 6 HD 147
Line 6 FBV Shortboard
Marshall 1960a
Behringer V-Amp Pro
Quote by dimebag_love
oh...well, i'd pretty much like to get a dean from hell because it has the bill lawrence bridge hum instead of the dimebucker...i don't really like the dimebuckers as much as the BL

but yeah...i don't really know the difference between an OFR and a LFR

explain?

OFR= Official Floyd Rose, made by the Floyd Rose Company, really good trems.

LFR= Licensed Floyd Rose, made by a company that has the license for the design of the floyd rose, for instance Dean makes LFR. The quality can vary in these, some are made well with good materials, others are made with shotty construction.
Quote by sethp

yeah, i know that much...but can it really effect the sound of it?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
oh...that's great...i never knew that...so on my ESP, in a couple of months/years, it's gonna have bad sound??
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
yeah...it's a licensed trem...where can you find an official?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
dude, if you want a Dime V, just get the Washburn series one off ebay or something. like the higher moedeld ones. they kick so much ass. and are probally better than the Dean Razorback V.
R.I.P. Dime
"Forever Shred On"
Quote by dimebag_love
yeah...it's a licensed trem...where can you find an official?

Warmoth has 'em for $180, that's the cheapest I've seen. You can always try eBay too. Also, it might require additional routing to install one.
so if i get an official trem, i'm better off having a music store install it?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
oh daaaamn

on ebay, i just found like 5 razorback v's going for $4000

i think i'll just stick with the original razorbacks and change out the pickups and trem =D
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
so, are you just trying to copy dimebag? because he didn't play death metal or use JCM 800's
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns