well ive been wrtin songs for a while but i look back and they are always just straight chords and frankly before i write any songs that have "riffs" or single noted sonngs i need to some help on music theory i guess you would call it.

Heres what i think i understand:
K so songs are made up of notes played on scale
(starting on the E and then playing the dots in any order then repeating)

HERE WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND:
can different postitions of the same scale be played in the same song as long as they stay in in one key?
(playing any of the dots on this whole scale)
HERE WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND:
can different postitions of the same scale be played in the same song as long as they stay in in one key?
(playing any of the dots on this whole scale)

Ya of course you can. Just because it's a different possition doesn't mean it's a different scale; it's all the same series of notes, just played on different places on the guitar. Scales are really just a series of intervals based around a root note; the pentatonic scale is root + minor third + whole tone + whole tone + minor third + whole tone (root). That sequence can be played all over the guitar; the reason you get so many patterns is because the sequence changes strings.
Overall, scales are just a tool to give you a better idea of what notes might work over a given chord or key; you don't need to stick to strict possitions, as long as you manage to find notes and rhythms that sound good. I usually just focus on chord tones instead, because running scales is so inherently boring.