hey im finding it hard to play the intro fast.

i've got my index finger on the 4th fret, B string, i pick the string, then quickly take my index finger off, then put my pinky on the 7th fret, pick, and take that off.

i just cant do it fast. is this something that takes practise or is there a better way to play it?

thanks.
yeah dude just keep playing it. Itll become easier with time.

Oh and no offence dude, but Thunderstruck is the song taht every guitar newbie wants to learn to play. Lol weird cliche'.
r u doin pulloffs? cos wen it starts sounding familiar it made me motivated 2 get it up 2 speed
Quote by darknessfan
yeah dude just keep playing it. Itll become easier with time.

Oh and no offence dude, but Thunderstruck is the song taht every guitar newbie wants to learn to play. Lol weird cliche'.

Because its simple, except the speed, and sounds good.
You pick the string once, the the rest of it is all hammer-ons and pull-offs. (sometimes i pick once when I go down to the 12th fret also). Work on your hammer-ons and pull-offs and just keep practicing it, you'll get it.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
No, you pick the strings every 2 notes.

you pick the string, pull off, pick again and pull off.

The hammeron and pull off is only done in the MV for effects (like Dragonforce and the exaggeration of finger movements and ridiculous fingerings, but hey, its time to show off)
Hmm...when I play Thunderstruck I always pick the open string so its like

--0h4--0h7--0h4--0h7--

It sounds better to me that way, just because when you listen to the song you can hear the open string.

But I'm probably wrong, as always.
Quote by CowboyUp
Hmm...when I play Thunderstruck I always pick the open string so its like

--0h4--0h7--0h4--0h7--

It sounds better to me that way, just because when you listen to the song you can hear the open string.

But I'm probably wrong, as always.

I pick it as well, but I pick the fretted notes
Well Angus plays it without picking. Look at numerious concerts and either his picking hand is in the air, or hes just pinching the e and g strings so if he hits them they dont make noise.
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
yea i was about 2 say, I dont believe he picks any of that, he just taps it.

Distortion and gain helps get the sound out for this
Actually angus taps most of it, yet does picked pull-offs in some of it.
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!