At the moment my guitar tone is poor at best and i was wondering if this is due to my equipment or just my lack of skill with my pedal. I was thinking of getting a new pedal or amp to try and improve this but dont know which would be best. Anyway, I have a jackson KVX10, some rubbish fender frontman 15g amp and a zoom 606 multi effects pedal and play mostly metal such as megadeth, trivium and children of bodom etc. On a budget of up to £100 or maybe a bit extra which would better improve my sound, a distortion pedal or nice new amp, keeping in mind it would only be for bedroom practice so couldnt be too loud.
Thanks in advance
Used Roland Cube 30.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
sell your amp and buy a good amp with good dists and effects will solve your problems, you may look for a line 6 spider II
ibanez rg370dx (Crunchlab/Area 58/Liquifire)
ibanez rgr320ex (EMG 81/85)
ibanez grx20 (Super 3/PAF PRO)
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
avatar 2x12 contemporary cab (GK-100's)
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
^Wrong.

Sell your amp and zoom and get a Roland Cube 30 or 60.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
^Wrong.

Sell your amp and zoom and get a Roland Cube 30 or 60.

i secod this, the spider II's blow. the cubes kick ass. i perfer the 60 over the 30 but its up to you on how much power you want.
Yeah man get the cube, it's got some nice sounds on it, and it doesnt sound plastic.
Quote by Pieter-Jan
Yeah man get the cube, it's got some nice sounds on it, and it doesnt sound plastic.

doesnt sound plastic? thats a new one. how would you describe a plastic like tone? or do you just mean cheap?
i might go for a spider 2 30 but would that be loud for bedroom practice. I've only really used 15 watt amps before so i dont know
^ Theres nothing wrong with spider II 30's, ignore these lame ****s.

But yeah, Get the spider 30, and perhaps a new effects pedal. I have the zoom 606, and it is pretty good. i always thought it was best suited for metalcore'ish type sounds, which is why i don't use it no more.
Last edited by Rock-god at Jul 18, 2006,
^They sound way too digital and harsh to me.

Why get a Spider when you can get a better amp for just a bit more? And you won't need your Zoom anymore if the Roland has decent in built effects.
Don't be afraid to care"

I do own a Line 6 Spider II but get the older one if anyting.. (the red one) the new chroms/grey sound pretty bad... However once I bought a tube amp forget it..(B-52 AT-100 Hrad) I'll never do digital again. Next thing you should know is a Line6 as there amps get louder the more they break up and sound like real garbage and are all over the place.