i have Ovation's Al Di Meola signature guitar, i was wondering, what kind of amplifier would you recommend?

i really love the tone of this guitar on concert in Montreal, 1998. i don't have an electric guitar, so i really need a good amp for electro-acoustic guitar.

i was thinking for a price range of about 400$ max. i've noticed Ibanez troubadour series, something like TA20, TA35 or Marshall AS50R. does anyone have any experience with these amps or know any other?
i have a couple of acoustic amps.

a roland chorus 60. its a beautiful amp. about 12lbs but is loud enough to gig with.
very crisp. two inputs, so u can guitar in and mic in. independant reverb delay. all sorts of lines out.
overall a very nice amp. a little on the pricey side. $500.
http://www.music123.com/Roland-AC60--w--Chorus-i96268.music

if ur only planning on ever playing acoustic/e then id reccommend an amp this expensive.
the roland, a fishman loudbox, or maybe a cal blonde.

something pro level that u can gig with.

if ur also going to, or think ull want to play electric. then maybe u would do better with a smaller AC amp.

ive got an Ibanez troubadour 25 that i LOVE. ok, quality wise its not as good as the roland. it make a popping noise when i shut it off. and the pots are a little iffy at times. but it was just over a hundred dollars, has mids adjustment, reverb, an XLR input as well at the 1/4" so i can sing along. and the speaker really shapes up a nice tone.

i dont think they make this model anymore. (i havent seen it anyway.) but there are a few smaller combo amps around. i dont think i would spend too much on an ibanez amp.

anyway, now that ive rambled on, what are u planning on using it for?
and do u think ull be branching out into electric guitars anytime soon?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Dont the Roland JCs also have a relatively flat frequency response (a lot of people complain that they sound way too bright with regular electrics)?
though yeah, if you only play an acoustic you may as well get an amp built for it
^LAF, i wouldnt mind having a Roland JC for any use. but yeah, i guess he's better off being more specific.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011