I have a question for all you PRS SE Custom owners. Do the pickups in the SE Custom come with 4 conductor cable? Would I be able to coiltap them?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
I don't have one, but I'd guess they only have 2-conductor wire. Not sure though, but if they had 4 conductor, they would fit a tap, wouldn't they?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ aye, I know, but they still have to be 4 conductor to be splittable. But if he means spilt, then yeah, you can get around it. I think pink queen made a thread about splitting 2 conductor pickups into 4 conductor. Do a search on it...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm in the process of owning an SE Custom, there really isnt a reason why they would be 4 conductor, but most PRS pickups are, so you might get lucky and they happen to be. I would go ahead and get new pickups anyways.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Actually, a lot of PRS pickups are 3 conductor. They combine coil splitting into one wire, such as on the HFS or Vintage Bass. The McCarty has 2 conductors and wiretaps (don't ask me how...). So the best way to find out if the SE has 4 conductor is to have them pop off the back cover for you.
Hi, I'm Peter
^ um....

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm sorry, ofcourse I meant coil splitting
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Quote by LikeAStone
I'm sorry, ofcourse I meant coil splitting
. I think i'm going to get some new pickups anyway. What would be some nice pickups that would go with this guitar? To go with a hard-rockish(read Danko Jones, Foo FIghters, Jane;s addiction ed) player like myself? Had some really good experience with some dimarzio's in my tele.. Some tips on this?

EDIT: sorry about the double post
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1

Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Quote by LikeAStone
. I think i'm going to get some new pickups anyway. What would be some nice pickups that would go with this guitar? To go with a hard-rockish(read Danko Jones, Foo FIghters, Jane;s addiction ed) player like myself? Had some really good experience with some dimarzio's in my tele.. Some tips on this?

Get some real PRS pickups. HFS or Tremonti pickups would do well for you, or Dragon II's if you want lower output.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
PRS pickups are not bad, but there are many models that are totally not worth the price since Duncans and Dimarzios are a good $25-30 cheaper.

Dragon II neck and Dragon I bridge are a great combo though.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
As far as PRS goes, the McCartys and the Dragons are the most versatile. Dragons if you want more crunch and distortions than cleans, McCartys if you want reasonable distortion and lush cleans. The HFS/Vintage Bass combo is high output and plays hard rock very well. The Tremontis are the highest output pickups PRS makes, and of course are good for heavy rock/shred/metal.
Hi, I'm Peter