their greatest hits "ear bleading country"
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
noes alex! ear bleading country is basiclly all their good songs
^Every album they've ever done is all of their good songs. Definitely go with You're Living All Over Me.
blasphame, he won't have just like heaven if he picks you're living all over me!
Actually he will, that is if he gets the remastered version.
hm, I didn't know of that... ok you're the dinosaur jr expert so you're the better advisor
You're Living all over me is def. the sweetness, but the greatest hits covers a lot more ground, getting some different aspects of dinosaur. YLAOM doesn't have any comparitively lighter songs like "Get Me" as well. Definately move on to it though after the greatest hits.
Bang
^ Well, there's "Poledo", that's a pretty light song (light as in not dripping with distorted guitars) written and performed by Lou Barlow. You might be right, though. It's just that greatest hits collections always seem to leave something out.
YOU'RE LIVING ALL OVER ME!!!

I love that album. Its pretty much my favourite album ever. Apart from Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth.
"He who is tall, is not small"
Bug.

Thats always a good one. I dont know why it hasn't been mentioned yet.
Wade in the water, child.
my favorite is where you been.

dunno why.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Where you been is a good introduction.

It was my first. I can't decide what there best one is.
Quote by AWA
Bug.

Thats always a good one. I dont know why it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Agreed, on both counts.
okay, their best album is "you're living all over me"

but they arent the best album band, so their hits would be a good buy too.
Go with You're Living All Over Me or Bug, for sure the best albums of Dino's Career. Most people know their first 3 albums have a different sound than most of their other material, however Where You Been is a MUST have for any Dino fan.

Check out J Mascis rocking the Guitar;

Hahaha yea, but more than that he needs to loose a few inches of FAT, maybe drumming in Witch will do that for him.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
J Mascis needs to cut that hair. He looks like some retired fat washed up wizard.

He wouldn't be J Mascis without the ridiculously long hair! Much like Sampson, I believe J Mascis' power comes from his hair.
That' J Mascis?! He looks so old! He'd looked like some washed up metalhead if it wasn't for the jazzmaster
Quote by slinks
He wouldn't be J Mascis without the ridiculously long hair! Much like Sampson, I believe J Mascis' power comes from his hair.

Did you see him on IFC's Henry Rollins show? I thought he looked pathetic, don't get me wrong, he is great. I just don't know how anyone would not want to cut that....

Go here. Go to videos and then search for Dinosaur Jr and you can watch them play Raisins, Forget the Swan and a small interview, where J doesn't talk at all.
^ Yeah, I saw that. I thought it was cool they played a song from their debut, since their style definitely changed after that record.

As for the interview, J's just the quiet type. Lou's gotten over his shyness it seems, but I guess J hasn't. The hair's just somewhat become his trademark. Can you think of anyone else that looks remotely similar to J Mascis?

And to all the fat comments... he's 40! I think when you hit that age, not being in your peak physical condition is somewhat acceptable. He has a case of the early-grays, as well.

See? That's exactly it, you have to go fictional in order to come up with a person that looks like J Mascis.
Looking like saruman isn't a good thing ;_;