hey

i've been playing for a month, and im getting serious about playing.

starting from a few days ago, ive been playing 30 mins a night. is that enough?

also, what are some good guitar exercises which improve strength, speed, and acuracy?

thanks.
When I started I was putting in more than an hour every night. I'm still not that good. To get good don't go the route I did and learn all Green Day. Go on google or on this site and search for lessons on everything you can, all that stuff. Then give yourself a challenge. Try a song that's hard and keep trying part of it in between your excercises. It will really help.
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
also, practicing isnt playing
i.e learning to play under the bridge or learning to play master of puppets or even any of yngwie malmsteen is not practicing, if u try and play them for like 2 hrs a day, its not 2 hrs wasted, but the 2 hrs is better spent practicing exercises, like 3 notes per string, 4 notes per string, pinky strengthening, chromatics etc.
is there a single guide somewhere with things you should be doing every day to train every aspect? i cant find one.
ive been playing for 12 years i still do exersizes even tough i can do them with my eyes closed.

i would practice for 5hrs every day.

hr1- warm up. practice chords. all the basics. play a warmup with my index and pinky finger to stretch them

hr2- try to learn songs.

hr3- practice my licks

hr4- practice combining licks to make a solo

hr5- play songs i know by various artists. and play a warmup with my index and pinky finger to stretch them(this was done twice to speed up)
Quote by -ty-
is there a single guide somewhere with things you should be doing every day to train every aspect? i cant find one.

There isn't really anything specific you SHOULD be doing every day. That's all up
to you and where you want to go with your playing.

At 1 month of playing, if you really want to be serious and improve your playing,
the best thing you could do for yourself is learn how to practice and the basic
fundamentals of playing the guitar -- www.guitarprinciples.com. Buy the book.

If you fancy you'll be getting into solo playing, Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar
will get you started on a number of excercises that focus on specific techniques.