well im gonna buy a new guitar and have found two guitars i really like but cant decide between them. so can anybody tell me how they play and what the preform like. thanks
" im so happy coz today i've found my friends in my head"
firebirds are really good guitars.
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Quote by azn_guitarist25
cant you try them out yourself? otherwise what music you play? and what amp you use?

i would try them out my self but all my local music stores havent got any.

i play mainly punk or rock styles never stuff like jazz or blues.
my amp is a mg10 series marshall
" im so happy coz today i've found my friends in my head"
personally, i'd go for the explorer cause i like it's slightly more radical style. but that's me.
explorers are to good, hate firbirds hate the headstocks and i dont think they sound all that great :P thats my opinion

Buy another amp. Roland Cube 60 would be good for you, IMO.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Explorer is a classick but Firebird is very diffrent looking guitar so if you want to be diffrent go Firebird or you feel like being classy go Explorer
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
I would find a way to play each before I bought one. I have an Explorer, which I like, but, I've never tried the Firebird.
explorer or die
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
I'm assuming your looking at the NEW Epiphone Firebird Studio, and not the old Firebird VII. I agree with these people that you should try them out. I also agree you need a new amp. I can't speak for the new Firebird, because they aren't in stores here yet (August I think). I know the old Firebird VII is freaking amazing! The explorers are also very nice. try them out first before you buy though.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix