hi, i just wanted to know what you guys think of my voice. i'm mainly a guitarist but since i can't find a good vocalist or band, i want to take the part on me. i know i'm not the best singer, but do you think i can manage to sing in a band? please help me out and give me some feedback. thanks!

here's the file; it's just a simple version i played. please do not crit my guitar playing, because this is not the point of the post.

Link: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B9C71F15299F2642
Fender Classic Series '50s Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
Last edited by skydogzoso1986 at Jul 18, 2006,
oo, not bad. You'd easily be able to be a singer in a band. keep it up
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Your definately a good singer, but make sure you dont cut the notes short (you did this a few times)
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Don't sing that kind of songs, you Jehova ****. :p

Not bad, not bad.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
sure. learn how to growl and grunt and sing death metal.

no, you're fine.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
thanks a lot guys for the comments! i was always told that i couldn't sing correctly and more false than good. then i tried to pick up lessons, but i quit because they were too expensive. but my teacher told me that i'm not a bad singer, that i just have to practice more to become a good singer. the problem is that i can't sing at home, it would just be weird to sing with my family around and giving comments about it. but i'll try to start doing it more often, now i just try to do it when no one is at home. thanks for the tips! they were really useful!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
Wow, this type of voice sounds familiar but I can't place who kind of sings this way. I wanna say Sting, but that proably isn't it.

Anywho, it sounded good, work on sining out the note of each line a little bit.

I've always wanted to do this sort of thing, but I'm kinda afraid. Think I should do it?
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
^^ Go for it - show us a recording and then go to the vocals thread and get advice there.

Original Poster - Singing's pretty good, take pratts advice and see the thread if you want more help.
That's funny..i was just listening to that song.

Pretty good, except i noticed you said "teaf" instead of "thief..",
thanks again! this really gives a lot of confidence. and me sounding like sting? i wish! thanks also for the advice. the thing is that i cant practice a lot at home because it would be too noisy for my family and they don't really encourage my singing, they think i don't sing too well. i'll have to find another option to practice.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
Quote by skydogzoso1986
thanks again! this really gives a lot of confidence. and me sounding like sting? i wish! thanks also for the advice. the thing is that i cant practice a lot at home because it would be too noisy for my family and they don't really encourage my singing, they think i don't sing too well. i'll have to find another option to practice.

Tell ur parents they are losers. Seriosuly, if you're parents can't encourage you to do something you want to do, they aren't doing their job. My parents rarely encourage me in anything I do, and it's the only reason why I'm still playin guitar, because I know I'm better then that.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Actually, didn't check the date of entry but oh well i'll reply anyway. I liked ur voice it has a rich kinda sexy quality(no sleeze intended it's just how i hear it), but a bit of advice I could give you to really develop that richness and bottom end of the voice. Is to pull in your lower abdomen hard as you sing, this acts a great support for the voice and makes the volume and power in the voice increase loads. This is something that took me a while to learn but was well worth it, try it for yourself, with and without this technique and compare the sound. Out of all the tecniques I've learnt this is probably my most valuable and didnt cost u anything Ha!