I have started shredding and playing really fast and noticed that my fretboard is starting to get scratched. Is this normal or am I playing wrong? Thanks in advance.
if you are really shredding, I can't imagine that you put too much force on your left hand fingers... that's the only thing I can think off though
Some of it might be the kind of fretboard you have...I know with mine I've never seen mine do it...

Hope u figure it out.

Paul Reed Smith SE Custom>
Ibanez G series>
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah pedal>
Korg ToneWorks AX3000G>
Peavey Bandit 112 TransTube amp
While shredding? It would be normal for the fretboard to wear a bit if you do heavy bends, but with shredding your fingers should be playing 'lightly' over the board.
"Gear":
1980s Copy of Les Paul [unknown brand]
1980s Acoustic [unknown brand]
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Moonrock
DIY Tubescreamer TS808
Carlsbro Kickstart 25 amp

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org

My Tube Screamer Build
Do you have long nails? thats the only reason i can think of for your fretboard getting scrathed.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
The strings don't acually tough the fret board when your playing.. that would be bad. Maybe its your nails or maybe your not aware of how you take care of your guitar.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by fronkpies
Do you have long nails? thats the only reason i can think of for your fretboard getting scrathed.

That's what happened to me, I accidentally scratched my fretboard with my nail, but then in a few days, the scratch was gone, like the wood expanded.

This could be for a few reasons:
  • You are pressing too hard and the strings are scratching the fretboard
  • Your bends are heavy and are scratching the fretboard
  • Your strings are dirty and the dirt is scratching the fretboard