For all you guys with huge tube amps or combos, do you guys haul around your amps everytime you play with a band and such?
casters and buddies get the job done pretty quick, but thats just the cab. Heads are relatively light.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
i just have a 2 12 combo so it's not too huge
for band practices i just let it chill at our drummers place and haul it to gigs... have a ****ty practice amp at home
you employ roadies for that kind of stuff. of get mates/ helpful fans to assist.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
yup friends are needed for the cabs, I've lugged my 4x12 around by myself, and it's brutal if you're a small guy like me. I carried a 2x12 combo to jam with a few guys, and that thing seemed almost as heavy as my 4x12 cab. With no casters, it was actually harder to lug around.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Just ask your friends to help you, my head is heavier than my cab, i dont know why but the head is a lug.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
I've got a 2x12 combo whih is 30kg... That's not too bad. The problem is that the handle's pretty old, and I don't trust it. That means that I have to carry the amp across my chest with both hands. Another problem with lugging heavy amps about is that your fingers need time to recover. I've carried my amp to a jam and it sucked because my hands were dead.
I know there are heavier amps out there, but it's still painful over long distances... and I'm a big guy too.

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

peavey XXX 2x12 combo. 102lbs according to the manual. it's pretty heavy but i usually haul it around myself. some times it's hard to get a good grip on since theres only one grip. it's more bulky than it is heavy.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile