i have a squier stratocaster (with rare specifications ) and a lot of noise when i play. 3 SC--> when i play using only one of them there is much more noise than playing with 2 of them. when i touch any steal part of the guitar (bridge, strings, etc) the noise reduces but doesn't end. i've tried turning off computer, microwaves, tv, phones, etc... how can i reduce noise????!!!!
a) its single coils so it will hum
b) sounds like you have a grounding problem as well. look at the back and take the back there should be a wire coming out of no where that touches a claw attached to 3 springs check to see if still connected
wtf? a noise supressor doesnt stop humming from your guitars. next person that does it shall be named the electric guitar noob and posting rights will be bannished
it's because of your pickups. try to get alnico made pickups. also squiers are really bad
Quote by bluesound
it's because of your pickups. try to get alnico made pickups. also squiers are really bad

its the single coils and some single coils have alnico magnets in them.
^^ Yep, shielding and giving it a good rewire. There's an article online - I forget where I saw it - that talks about how to properly rewire a Strat to reduce noise, which includes removing the ground loops and installing a high-capacity capacitor between the electronics and the ground to the bridge.
Hi, I'm Peter
the squier is plugged on a digitech rp300a (sometimes) and then in a fender frontman II 15R. when plugged to the pedal and with the noisegate on, the noise reduces efectively but a bit of the playing and feeling dissapears too.
is there any possibility to avoid this?
Last edited by dudusrb at Jul 18, 2006,
i'm afraid to shield something. is there any possiblity to avoid noise without opening too much the guitar?
Quote by dudusrb
i'm afraid to shield something. is there any possiblity to avoid noise without opening too much the guitar?

You shouldn't damage anything that can't be replaced cheaply if you try to shield it yourself.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
i've seen in steve vai site, that on his evo jem he uses some tissues on the back cavity to suposily avoid noise. can this make any diference?
No. He's probably talking about noise from extraneous spring vibrations/using his trem. That won't do anything to shield your guitar from electromagnetic radiation.
Hi, I'm Peter