Ok, so ive been playing in my friends band for a few months but ive been using his friends 75watt crate. He either wants me to buy it from him for 175, or give it back. Its not worth the money and my mom said that she would pay for an amp for me. I was looking into a Line6 120w Spider 2, but if anyone has a better suggestion, id love it. We play metal/hardcore music. I have a Fender Standard Strat but im looking into buying a new guitar soon. Probably the ESP EX-360. So anyones imput would be great.

Thanks.
Yeah definately not the spider 2. My suggestion is go to a guitar center and pick up a guitar and plug it into an amp mess around with and see if you like the sound. Its up to you how you want to sound!!
how much is your mom willing to spend? A lot of people don't like the Spider because of the sound. It's "too digital" is the complaint I always hear. Personally, if all you play is metal, I thought it sounded decent for metal from the clips I've heard, for the price at least. There are some clips in the Ultimate Clips thread that's stickied at the top.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Well ill save you the time, everyone will either say the roland cube or the vox, then they will say the roland is better for metal/hardcore so it will suite you better, then you will say is it loud enough, and they will say its plenty loud to be heard over a drummer, then a few people will post "+1" then you will say thanks everyone and buy it.

I swear its like clockwork in this forum.
Quote by I_sold_out
Well ill save you the time, everyone will either say the roland cube or the vox, then they will say the roland is better for metal/hardcore so it will suite you better, then you will say is it loud enough, and they will say its plenty loud to be heard over a drummer, then a few people will post "+1" then you will say thanks everyone and buy it.

I swear its like clockwork in this forum.

this is soo true
haha. alrighty then. im gonna go to GC and play it, see how it is. Thanks for all your imput (just like you said I would say haha) later
Either the Roland Cube 60 or Vox AD series.
I would recommend the Cube because you play metal.
Quote by mattyyy
Either the Roland Cube 60 or Vox AD series.
I would recommend the Cube because you play metal.

Wierd...Did i call it???

Yes, yes i did.
i have 2 other guitarists, a bassist, and a drummer in my band, will the cube60 be heard?
omg are you serious? Look at my post up there, it wasnt a joke, yes you will be heard.

Damn Im batting 100 right now
Quote by elmnt1290
i have 2 other guitarists, a bassist, and a drummer in my band, will the cube60 be heard?

Yeah, it's loud enough. You'll be heard.
Quote by pacoasterrider
the spiders aren't bad in metal...but that's it, and aren't as good as a cube is playing metal ether

ha. haha. hahahahaha. they have no gain. trust me; i used to have one, i just sold it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
ok. looks like everyone is saying that the Cube kicks most other amps asses haha. well im gonna definately jam on it at guitar center for a bit. Thanks guys.