okay, so i have a gibson sg special faded, but i want to buy something so i can get that strat sound too. so i was going to get either the squier strat ($125)or the fender standar MIM strat ($430)

should i go for the squier now and get an american made strat later, or get the MIM strat in a a year or two and then get a better strat even later on?
CTHC
Not that there is anything wrong with a Squier, but, I would opt for the Standard Strat (MIM).
Quote by azn_guitarist25
ummm upgrade your amp.

Amps are important, but how is that gonna give him a stratocaster sound?? That particular part deals with the guitar itself.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by BreakingTheGirl
okay, so i have a gibson sg special faded, but i want to buy something so i can get that strat sound too. so i was going to get either the squier strat ($125)or the fender standar MIM strat ($430)

should i go for the squier now and get an american made strat later, or get the MIM strat in a a year or two and then get a better strat even later on?

well what i would do if i were you is i wouldnt buy either of them, i would w8 a little and get the american right away, or you can just get a mexico and not get a american at all, ive heard they arent really worth 500 more bucks
the mims are hit and miss, but sometimes you get lucky--find one with a neck that feels right, with a tight neck pocket. look for fret buzz/intonation problems too.
also, take a look at either the ebmm albert lee or silhouette special. the silhouette comes in hsh, ssh, or sss, and is basically the next step in the evolution of strats. better than fender in every aspect, imo. the albet lee is kinda more retro in design, but its still got one of the best sc or p90 clean sounds ive ever heard.

edit - the ebmm reccomendations are for your next upgrade from your mex strat, as theyre a bit out of your budget. you can get them for maybe 800 or so on the bay, and theyre definitely better than almost any conventional strat in that price range.
Quote by eyeownyu
well what i would do if i were you is i wouldnt buy either of them, i would w8 a little and get the american right away, or you can just get a mexico and not get a american at all, ive heard they arent really worth 500 more bucks

I agree with eyeownyu except for the MIA strat not being worth 500 more part. I think it's defiantely worth it.

You could get an MIM now instead of a Squier and mod it.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows