i was looking at a tab for a song and i am not sure of how to play the part i bolded(i'm not sure if it's supposed to be a chord or what):

C#|-------------------------------------
G#|-------------------------------------
E |---13------13--14--14-----
B |-------------------------------------
F# |-11----11--11--12-------

thanks.
Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.
it seems like all the other strings should be muted and they were just too lazy to mark the x's
yeah all those notes are chords (just octaves really... except the 11/14)

just play them both at the same time
unless the spacing sucks and they aren't supposed to be chords...
Quote by twistedriffster
i was looking at a tab for a song and i am not sure of how to play the part i bolded(i'm not sure if it's supposed to be a chord or what):

E |---13------13--14--14-----
F# |-11----11--11--12-------

thanks.

ok, i'm pretty sure you're supposed to play it as a chord, and the tab is incorrect if you do. should be something like:

E |-----13----13--14--14-------
B |------x------x----x----x--------
F# |---11----11--11--12-------

it's like a power chord but it's an octave chord. pretty simple.

edit: 11/14? something there isn't right i don't think.
Lmnop invites you to come on down Hollow_138 and be contestant #1 on todays show

If you would like to become a contestant please send a PM to Lmnop to be accepeted

^Price is Right fan club. PM Lmnop to join.
Last edited by Hollow_138 at Jul 18, 2006,
Yeah, that can be kind of tricky. Thats hos Billy Corgan played a lot of Pumpkin's songs, it can be easy if you play it as a powerchord using only your index and ring fingers to barre the strings wanted. For example, on that chord

e |-------
B |-------
G |-13---
D |-------
A |-11---
E |-------

You could play the 11 with your index finger where its lying down across the fretboard like it would be barring the entire 11th fret while picking it up just a bit so that all the notes except the one on the A string will be dampened. Then, you just put your ring finger on the 13th fret of the G string and then just strum from the A string up. Also, you could move your index finger up just a bit so that the tip of it is muting the low E string as well. This way you dont have to worry about what strings you strike when you strum. Its basically the same thing as a powerchord.
thanks for the answers. i think i get it now. i just thought maybe i was supposed to play the B open but it didn't sound right. thanks.
Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.