I have this problem when I use my strap and stand up. It's hard for me to reach my fingers to hit something on the 5th and 6th strings, making it uncomfortable to play like that.

Is there any way that I can adjust this so I can have full access to my guitar.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Raise the height of your guitar with your strap

Edit: oh yeah and you should also get used to playing while standing up because I found it hard to play standing up a while back and it helped if I practised with my strap raised high, then lowering it over time
^agreed, but also try raising the head stock, so the guitar is at an angle. that should help.
Last edited by freedumb at Jul 18, 2006,
yea...and this is a needed skill for playing guitar.

i rarely, if ever, sit down when i play.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Yea, just raise the strap a little, mine it baisically as low as it can go, but that's just because I can't play with it high, it bugs me, and whenever people play my guitar, they're like "holy f*ck your guitar is low.". So just play at wherever it's comfortable most once you've experimented with different heights and positionings.

Good Luck.-
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
ange the head stock up an raise the strap to where ever its comfortable, and besides from that just play with it like that til you get used to it.
J. MASCIS IS GOD!

Quote by Arthur Curry
Take E. You'll be a dancing fool in no time.

EDIT: Seriously.
It's just a question of getting used on it...even when I play sitting on a chair, it makes a real difference if I have the guitar on your right leg or on your left one....just try different positions, angles, straps etc.....you have to feel comfortable with it, that's all that matters.
My Rig:

Ibanez RBM - I adore this axe!!
Fender Strat (Duncan PU's + Floyd-Rose)
Washburn Acoustic
Kustom Quad200 Amp-Head
Cusom-made 2x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig2 (for Recording...awesome!)
Dunlop Cry-Baby
Rocktron Intellifex
Boss SD-1
yeah i used to play with my guitar at and even close enoguh to above my stomach, because i had the same problem, over time it gets easier and you can lower it back to your hip
ok thx
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab